Search Unity

Charts and Graphs for unity3d [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BitsplashIO, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ina

ina

Is it possible to display the bar charts horizontally

2. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Yes . You can rotate the bar at 90 degress and rotate the text prefabs with -90. contact me for information on support@prosourcelabs.com

3. Mkarena

Mkarena

Hey,

I just bought ur assets, It works good for the little i used. But I have no clue how to animate Radar Graph if not using a coroutine and Lerping the values.

Is there a cleaner way to animate radar graph from 0 to their values?

Thanks!

4. blitzstein

blitzstein

It is possible to stream data on CANVAS BAR CHART?

5. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

currently not , it will be supported sometime in the future though.

6. aldenaviationlearn

aldenaviationlearn

Hi,

How do I achieve the display of values on each point based on the horizontal axis? Something similar to your demo: http://prosourcelabs.com/ChartAndGraphDemos/realtime_Demo_2/index.html

Also, I seems unable to make my graph scroll-able, is there something I am missing? I basically just set your demo (Tutorials/ Graph/graph) as prefab and instantiated in my own canvas just to see the effects.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  7. aldenaviationlearn

aldenaviationlearn

I found out that I managed to make the graph scrollable once I set the render mode from "screen space - camera" to "screen space - overlay". Is it possible to make the graph scrollable in the case where render mode is "camera"?

Thanks for your advice.

8. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

regarding your first question , try adding the itemlabels component to your chart.
    upload_2018-5-30_19-22-23.png

regarding your second question. The graph chart can be scrollable regardless of the canvas mode. If you are having issues with this please contact me at support@prosourcelabs,com

9. aldenaviationlearn

aldenaviationlearn

Thanks for your reply, as you mentioned, I had sent an email to further explain.

I have few more questions,

How to we stop scrolling beyond some point? For example, scrolling horizontal, how do we stop at x = 0 and unable to scroll less than 0?

Also, the value did show up on the point, but what if I only need 1 of the value, e.g. Y value.?

Thanks so much for the assistance.

10. aldenaviationlearn

aldenaviationlearn

I have figured out how to stop the scrolling, by capping the HorizontalScrolling value once exceed the border I set.

Is this the way? Or is there another way to do so?

11. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Yes , this is the best way to do so.

12. Emptycity

Emptycity

this date an time Change to current date time synchronization

Attached Files:

13. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

turn off automatic view and set your own view origin and view size

14. rgjones

rgjones

Do you plan to support sunburst radial charts. I need that type of chart. 2D and 3D would be nice.

15. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Thank you for your feed back. I have taken note of your request. Currently I am working on a completely new version of graph and chart so my hand are tied for new features. However i have added a task for this and will get to it sometime in the future.

rgjones likes this.
  16. Shoko84

Shoko84

Hi,

Do you possibly have an ETA about the future "big update" planned ? By the way, your asset works amazingly good, even though I'm only using your 2D works, all the stuff done over here is really clean on the rendering side and even from the code side !

Thanks

17. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Thank you !
    The next update has taken way longer then expected. And there is still much work unfortunately. I am hoping to have a beta version of the Graph chart within a few weeks. please contact the support email with your invoice id if you wish to join the beta

18. JohnTomorrow

JohnTomorrow

Great asset. Can I propose you add support for a bar styled percentage graph? The stacked bar graph assumes the values are stacked which is a bit different than a percentage. See the bar on the right on the attached image to get what I mean.

19. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

This can be easily achived with the current features. I might add a more easy way in the next versions.

But lets say you have an array with values:

double[] vals = new double [] {1.0,2.0,4.0 … }

you can do something like this :

double sum = 0;

for(int i=0; i<vals.length; i++)

sum += vals;

double[] stackValues = new double[vals.length];

double stackSum =0.0;

for(int i=0; i<vals.legnth; i++)

{

double currentPercent = 100.0 * vals/sum;

stackSum += currentPercent ;

stackValues = stackSum;

}

Now you can set the stackValues array to the stacked bar chart and have this working.

Happy to help,

Amir Ben-Arye

20. JohnTomorrow

JohnTomorrow

I think this is still missing the 1 key difference. The current implementation is placing all the bars based off of the y-axis. Meaning if two bars share the same values they overlap each other. What I am proposing is that they would stack in the y-axis like in the attached picture, so that they are placed vertically instead of overlapping. Am I mistaken? Is that possible now?

21. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

yes enable this :

Attached Files:

22. yooze

yooze

This asset is good for me and is support candlestick chart in the future?

23. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

eventually yes. Candle stick will be supported either in this package or an extension package.

24. yooze

yooze

OK, Thanks your reply : )

25. mjenny82

mjenny82

I'm using graph chart and I have positive and negative values on the y axis. What I don't like now is that there is no line and no label shown for the value zero on the y axis. It's important to see if the graph is below zero, which is not possible like this. So, my question is if it is possible to always have a line for the value 0 on the y axis?

26. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Yes. you have a you can set the view to manual (disable auto vertical view). Then you can set the origin to 0 and the view size to which ever size you want. You can then use the vertical scrolling property to set up the position of the chart.
    contact me at support@prosourcelabs.com for more support.

27. mjenny82

mjenny82

Thank you, I got it more or less working.

I have another question:
    When I hover over a data point, the label show the y axis value rounded to an integer. How can I have there a floating point value with two floating values?

28. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

You can set the fraction digits for the axis. This will show how many fraction digits you wish

29. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

or for the item labels. you can set fraction digits for those too.

30. mjenny82

mjenny82

Ah, yes, I found it. Thank you!

31. T86

T86

Thank you for this great asset.

At least there is one thing not working: I like to have a StreamGraph with a lineMaterial but no innerFill. So I set the color of the innerFill material to (.0f, .0f, .0f, .0f). The problem is that the legend also uses the innerFill material. Where can I change that to the lineMaterial?

Thanks for your help!

The answer: Set innerFill to "None" in the inspector or "null" in the script. The legend takes lineMaterial auomatically as the default material.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  32. Blue007422

Blue007422

Hello,

Thank you for your asset.
    Is it possible to fully customize the text of labels ?
    I know we can add a prefix and suffix, but i would like to go further than that.

Thanks.

33. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

You can set format for ItemLabels. The charts have a property called Item Format.

34. wightwhale

wightwhale

How would I go about turning off the x and y text for a 2D bubble graph while keeping the divisions? I have multiple bubble graphs with the same x values.

35. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

you can control the text in several ways. If you don't want to see any text. Just set the font size to 0, it will not render it.
    if you want to change the format for item labels. You can change the itemFormat property of the graph in the inspector.

36. wightwhale

wightwhale

How can I use 1 legend for multiple charts?

37. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there, This is not currently supported. You can however stack two legends in a ui layout, virtually no difference.

38. wightwhale

wightwhale

How do I change the grey background of a graph? I want to make it fully transparent or black.

39. wightwhale

wightwhale

Also can I specify a min / max for a bubble graph?

40. wightwhale

wightwhale

Hey sorry lots of questions today, if I wanted to display text over a real time point on the bubble graph how would I do that.

41. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

please contact me in mail support@prosourcelabs.com

It will be easier this way

42. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hi there.

Any progress on the Playmaker actions? I appeciate it's not advertised as part of your asset, but here's me hoping anyway :)

43. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I have taken some time to check this and decided it will most likely be only included in the next major version. The next major version will contain a lot of new features and changes so it only make sense to introduce play maker support after. If for some reason I will see the next version takes too long then play maker will be the next feature for this major version. Like some features where already added like TextMeshPro and Json/Xml parsing.

44. tomraegan

tomraegan

Sounds good to me.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the reply.

45. jin-chen

jin-chen

Hello guys form ProSourceLabs, I'm working with the PieChart, and I got this problem:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. ChartAndGraph.PieChart.AlignTextPosition (ChartAndGraph.AlignedItemLabels labels, ChartAndGraph.PieObject obj, ChartAndGraph.LineSegement& line, Single modifiedRaidus) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/PieChart/PieChart.cs:368)
    3. ChartAndGraph.PieChart.GeneratePie (Boolean update) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/PieChart/PieChart.cs:475)
    4. ChartAndGraph.PieChart.MDataSource_DataValueChanged (System.Object sender, ChartAndGraph.DataSource.DataValueChangedEventArgs e) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/PieChart/PieChart.cs:330)
    5. ChartAndGraph.DataSource.ChartDataSourceBase.OnDataValueChanged (ChartAndGraph.DataSource.DataValueChangedEventArgs data) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/DataSource/ChartDataSourceBase.cs:41)
    6. ChartAndGraph.ChartSparseDataSource.InnerSetValue (ChartAndGraph.DataSource.ChartDataColumn column, ChartAndGraph.DataSource.ChartDataRow row, Double amount) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/DataSource/ChartSparseDataSource.cs:311)
    7. ChartAndGraph.ChartSparseDataSource.SetValue (System.String ColumnName, System.String RowName, Double amount) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/DataSource/ChartSparseDataSource.cs:376)
    8. ChartAndGraph.PieData.SetValueInternal (System.String column, System.String row, Double value) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/PieChart/PieData.cs:342)
    9. ChartAndGraph.PieData.SetValue (System.String category, Double amount) (at Assets/Chart and Graph/Script/PieChart/PieData.cs:335)
    I don't know if the pie chat can be fed in runtime or just when starting the scene.

46. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there , the pie chart can be fed at runtime , like all charts. Please contant me on support@prosourcelabs.com
    please specify our unity version , and show me the code that caused this. I suspect this might be because itemLabels components have been remove and readded while the chart was updating. will help you with this.

47. ElBuho

ElBuho

Hello.

I'm having an issue with the pie chart. I'm updating the categories via code, and it works perfectly, the pie redraws instantly.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. statisticsPie.DataSource.SetValue("OK", answersGreen);
    2. statisticsPie.DataSource.SetValue("NA", answersWhite);
    But, when all the category values are 0, the pie doesn't redraw anymore, is like it's freeze. In the inspector the values continue updating fine, but the pie doesn't redraw anymore.

I'm doing something wrong? Is there a method to force a redraw?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

48. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there,
    Thank you for notifing me about this , as a notice , setting all the categories to 0 is an invalid state for a pie chart, so it should be avoided anyway. I will look at this and if there is an issue i will add a fix for the next version. Contact me in support@prosourcelabs.com if you wish to get the fix in advance.

ElBuho likes this.
  49. dearamy

dearamy

Can't open in Unity2018.3

50. ifnoLee

ifnoLee