Search Unity

Charts and Graphs for unity3d [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BitsplashIO, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

a possible solution for this would be using HorizontalValueToStringMap

It allows you to set custom strings for some numerical values. So try adding the points with a fixed interval (1.0,2.0,3.0 ...)

and then do this:

graph.HorizontalValueToStringMap[1.0] = stringOfTimeStamp[0];

graph.HorizontalValueToStringMap[2.0] = stringOfTimeStamp[1];

UnusAutomationSystems likes this.
  2. AkashGutha_Cognizant

AkashGutha_Cognizant

Hello, in HTC vive VR the hove effect is going off the camera. Is there a way to set the hover to another object in the game. I want to set it to my head camera rig

3. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

not sure i understand your setup and what exacly you are trying to do. please contact me at support@prosourcelabs.com , with detailed explantion of your setup I will provide a solution.

4. g__b

g__b

Hello,
    I am trying to draw a Pie Chart, but the result I am getting is very jaggy around borders of the pie.
    I tried setting mesh numbers to 200 or more, but the improvements are not enough.
    In the prefab I am using, I tried setting different images in the Pie Canvas Generator, or no image at all, but the results are not what I am looking for.
    What is the best way to obtain a smooth pie? What kind of images should I use for the prefab? Do I have to use anti-aliasing?
    Thank you

5. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

pie charts should be smooth . contact me on support@prosourcelabs.com with images and i will help

6. TeLiuMLB

TeLiuMLB

Hi @ProSourceLabs
    Is there a way to turn off text billboarding in worldspace 3D graphs?
    Thanks for the help

7. TeLiuMLB

TeLiuMLB

Figured it out, had to put the graph object inside another canvas

8. Seraphic572

Seraphic572

How to use GameObjects in place of item lables for Bar Chart.

9. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

please contact me at support@prosourcelabs.com and try to elaborate. I will help.

10. khatibinomor

khatibinomor

Using "stream graph" now and have 2 questions.
    1. How to add new categories to this type (scrollable chart data?) of plot? AddCategory doesn't seem to work here.
    2. How could I get rid of the fixed legend "player 1" and "player 2" in the first place? I'm using RenameCategory in my code, but it would be cleaner if this can be removed from the first place.

11. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

1. ScrollableChartData is an abstract class. To Add a category to it just cast it to the proper derived class using unity GetComponent. (for example GetComponent<GraphChart>()) then you can use AddCategory.
    2. Player1 and player 2 are not fixed , they are feed from your chart automattically .Any change that is done to the the categories of the chart reflects imdiatly in the legebd. Also you can rename categories from either the source code or from the inspector. Please consider the mannual : http://prosourcelabs.com/ChartAndGraph5/Mannual.pdf

12. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Also it is best to contact me at support@prosourcelabs.com

13. Djungalio

Djungalio

Hi,

Have bought the plugin. I am trying to do a BarChart with negative values. lets say i have 1, 3, -2 for example. Is it possible to show the positive values going up and negative going down?

14. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Not as a feature. This will only be supported in future versions (hopefully the next one).For a specific use case, This could probably can be done with some minor changes to the source code. please contact me at support@prosourcelabs.com with yout invoice id and i can point you to the relevant parts of the source code and help you with this.

15. circuscompany

circuscompany

Hello,

I purchased a plugin a few days ago.

When used with NGUI, touch does not work.

Is there a workaround for this?

16. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

even if using ngui , touch is handled with canvas ui. so you must have event system in place. Contact me at support@prosourcelabs.com for more info

17. slumtrimpet

slumtrimpet

In your base release, can you please update your WorldSpacePieChart and WorldSpaceBarChart to define those classes as public?

18. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Sure thing. Done for the next version.

19. lathan27

lathan27

Hello,

I've got sets of codes using Matlab to formulate a graph.
    Would i be able to use to inc-operate it within Unity ?

Thanks,
    Lathan

20. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

That would depend on the cirtcumtance. please contact me at support@prosourcelabs.com for more info.

21. bdominguezvw

bdominguezvw

Can you explain what we would expect on that next big update that you are talking about?

Thanks.

22. SirLaur

SirLaur

Is there any way to make a LineRenderer follow the streaming graph ?

23. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Next update will include a changes of the entire chart rendering pipeline. This will eventually allow adding new features including:
    1. having multiple visual features for each category. This can allow you to have the same data displayed in a few ways. for example you could have a graph line and bars displaying the same data. Or you can have two graph lines one on top of another creating a complex contour effect.
    2. No more seperation of the chart types , you could have mixed type of charts on any axis automatically.
    3. (next version or the one after that) Introduction of polar axis for any type of chart. (for example creating a graph line with circular axis)
    4. All chart items will have built in caching , that makes sure that each change triggers as little calculation as possible , thus boosting performance.
    5. easy reinterpetaion of data into different types of charts . for example, you can change a graph series to a bar series with a simple method call.
    6. seamless handing of paging for larger data charts , this will be automatic ( however you can still do so with the largeData sample)
    7.Option to choose between two mode for a category. first is intanciated prefabs that allows maximum felxibillity , second is batched mesh that allows maximum performance , with a hover prefab ( like the how 2d charts work currently)/
    8. (next version or the one after that) will introduce more control to point smoothing of 3d shapes and paths.
    9. (next version or the one after that) text mesh support and more customized markers and hover effects.

24. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

See my email answer

25. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi there, I was just wondering if I can make a 3D graph streaming? I see that it's possible with the 2D ones from the example scenes.

26. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

3d graph is not streamable as for the current version. This will be supported in the feature. However you can set up a 2d canvas in world space to achive that.

27. cecile_xurpas

cecile_xurpas

Is it possible to use TextMeshPro instead of the built-in Text component to customize the labels? Thank you.

28. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

This currently not supported, but will be supported in future versions.

cecile_xurpas and Amin- like this.
  29. Amin-

Amin-

and also is it Possible to Link between " PlayMaker " and your asset my friend ?!

We really need that feature ... !

30. cecile_xurpas

cecile_xurpas

Looking forward to it, thank you!

31. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

There is no built in support for play maker.

32. Saravana_Vins

Saravana_Vins

Can Make Stacked Bar Chart in Descending Order? If it is Possible please Explain How to Do?

Thanks in Advance.

33. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

just answered you by email.

34. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi @ProSourceLabs , with 3D graphs is there any way that I can remove points?
    In lieu of a 3D streaming graph at present, I was hoping to fudge a scrollable graph in the x-axis somehow.

35. Shadowing

Shadowing

The online Manual seems to be majorly out of date and buggy.
    Why is the Category name changing on each step?
    SetCurveInitialPoint doesn't take a vector2 as its 2nd argument. it takes 3 agruments, cat name, x and y
    AddLinearCurveToCategory takes DoubleVector2 as argument 2 and not Vector2

Graph Chart Curves: 1. First off , you must set up a category as a curve category , this can be done via the inspector or via code : graph.DataSource.ClearAndMakeBezierCurve("Cat 1"); // for curved line graph.DataSource.ClearAndMakeLinear("Cat 1"); // for normal lines

2. Set up the initial point for the curve: graph.DataSource.SetCurveInitialPoint("Cat ", new Vector2(1ff, 1f));

3. Then add segments to the curve using any of the following methods: graph.DataSource.AddLinearCurveToCategory("Player 2", new Vector2(i * 10f/30f, Random.value * 10f + 10f)); // add a line segment to a curve category graph.DataSource.AddCurveToCategory("Player 2", controlPointA,controlPointB,DestinationPoint); // adds a bezier curve segment to a curve category

4. You can also call graph.DataSource.MakeCurveCategorySmooth("Player 2"); This will override all currenly set control points , and will make a smooth transition between all the segment points.

How do you do you make the Horizontal axis count from 60 to 0 left to right. Instead of 0 to 60. Is it possible to make it descend?

I keep getting hit with
    Invalid category name. Make sure the category is present in the graph

I have a category named Networth that I created in the editor.
    Code (csharp):
    2.         Graph.DataSource.HorizontalViewOrigin = 0;
    3.         Graph.DataSource.HorizontalViewSize = 60;
    4.         Graph.DataSource.VerticalViewOrigin = low;
    5.         Graph.DataSource.VerticalViewSize = high;
    6.         int Days = 0;
    7.         foreach(JSONNode p in points){
    8.             Graph.DataSource.AddPointToCategory("Networth", Days, points.AsFloat);
    9.             Days++;
    10.         }

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  36. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

The part that you mentioned indeed was a little out of date , It changed when DateTime overloads were added there. Thank you for bringing this to my attention , I have changed it and will reupload the docs soon. I have also change the category name to "Player 1" so it's the same as the rest of the document.
    However please note that this far from being "Majorly" out of date or buggy. The docs illustrate all essential parts of Graph and Chart in a dependable manner. Also if any issue arises I can be contacted via email, or forum.

regarding your question , This was not supported initialy and will be supported in the next major version. However there is a quick fix for this issue, I will send it you by email.

If you are seeing An invalid category warning it probebly means that the name you have written does not much the once in the inspector. Make sure that there are no spaces and know that the names are case sensitive

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  37. Shadowing

Shadowing

It matches the name in the inspector. Here is the code and a picture of my inspector. Even showing the edit name window with it.

Code (csharp):
    1. Graph.DataSource.AddPointToCategory("Networth", 1, 2);
    Invalid category name. Make sure the category is present in the graph

38. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

I have replied to you with an email of possiblites, this is most likely relating to clearing the categories or removing them after init. Please contact me via email regading this.

39. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi @ProSourceLabs - you may have missed my question above. Also, when is the 3d streaming graph feature going to be released?

40. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hopefully in the next version. There is a big update which i am working on which will include many changes , including this one. The idea is that you fill the Graph with the data , so if you want to remove points , just refill it with the new data.
    Also if you have additional questions , it is best to contact me via email support@prosourcelabs.com. Sorry for missing the previous question.

Eyehawk likes this.
  41. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Thanks for the update- looking forward to the new release.

42. cecile_xurpas

cecile_xurpas

Hello, is it possible to disable the input detection on the graph lines and points?

43. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Yes. Set the hover prefabs to null :
    upload_2018-4-4_18-55-32.png

44. akil-active-ai

akil-active-ai

Hi Guys at ProSourceLabs,
    Just have a question before buying this fantastic asset,
    Is all source code attached or is something under a dll or sorts.?
    Thanks

45. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

All source is included.

46. seidlfranz

seidlfranz

Is Unity Version 5.6.3 and next Version supported to?
    What has changed between last Video and actual Version?
    When next Version will arrive?

Thanks for Information

47. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

You can look for my post in this forums describing what is coming in this version and the next ones. The next version supports any unity version above 5.6.1 . As for now the next version is on progress but it might take some time until it's out. Biggest change will be massive performance improvement that can already be seen in the development version.

48. seidlfranz

seidlfranz

Is there any possibility to set min and max and disable X Labels?

49. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Yes. you can do that via the datasource settings and the axis settings.

50. seidlfranz

seidlfranz

Under Data found Horizontal View and Vertical view witch define View Origin(min Value) and Size(Offset from min)

to disable X Labels I selected under Horizonta Axis->Main Devision->Messure = Data Units instead of Total devision witch disabled the horizontal labels