Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Charts and Graphs for unity3d [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BitsplashIO, Jan 11, 2017.

1. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

2. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

I had a look at the article and checked out the mixed chart tutorial but still not clear.

The mixed tutorial combines two different graphs, one is the line graph and the other is a bar graph. This makes perfect sense.

What I need is a bar graph that accepts a streaming data input and the X-axis is time.
    I've been using a streaming line graph and it works great. If there is a streaming bar graph then it would be perfect.

3. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Chart-Generated GOs.jpg Profile.jpg

Thank you for your tip of using the candle graph. Experimenting with it and got it to work, just now need to know how to fully remove the tips that remain on the bars after trying your suggestions.

Btw, I have a question about performance of streaming graphs because this is my main use case for using graphing in my app. I bought the asset because the promotional video for the asset prominently showcases an interactive streaming graph.

Are the graphs utilizing a recycling or fly weight pattern? Reason for asking is the large number of Gameobjects that are children of the Graph and the profiler is showing spikes and lots of Garbage collection.

Link to the profiler video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b7CJQ5P1kd-pjIvXiVmRs9tFPSXYWfS2/view?usp=share_link

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  4. CheilGermany-FFM

CheilGermany-FFM

Hi,

when I hover my pie chart there is this neat animation extruding the hovered part. Is there a way for me to trigger this animation manually (for example if the user hovers over the corresponding "real-world" object, that the pie chart category represents)?

I checked the documentation and only found something about "THE CHART ITEM EFFECT COMPONENT", but I do not even have this component attached to my game object.

Thanks for your help.

5. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Contact me at support@bitsplash.io and i'll help out

6. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

for the sake of the rest of the users :

1. the candle issue is fixed for version 1.14 . regarding the spikes
    2. use
    to keep the graph recycled

7. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

in version 1.14 you can know call :
    pieChart.SelectPieObject(string CategoryName,bool selected)

8. HoneyFinder

HoneyFinder

Hi.
    I bought it.
    I think this asset is good.

however, Im under a trouble.

upload_2023-5-17_13-58-39.png

I've tried to change the horizontal Axis number. (now 10.)
    How can I edit this number?
    I can't find any method.

9. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there.
    Please view the following article for more information :
    https://bitsplash.io/docs/basic-concepts/setting-the-view-portion/view-portion-basics\

You can change horizontal axis view size , and scrolling to make it fit your needs.
    Let me know if you are having any touble.
    Happy to help,
    Amir Ben-Arye

10. xyzlink

xyzlink

Hi, I just purchase Chart and Graph, after installing in Unity URP 2022.3.4f1 and upening the URP package all seems well until i hove my mouse over the game window during run time. I get this error message. It seems that this happens in Pie/Theme5 and theme 6 Could you please help?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ChartAndGraph.PieChart.userDataToEventArgs (System.Object userData) (at Assets/Chart And Graph/Script/PieChart/PieChart.cs:717)
    ChartAndGraph.PieChart.OnItemHoverted (System.Object userData) (at Assets/Chart And Graph/Script/PieChart/PieChart.cs:731)
    ChartAndGraph.AnyChart.ChartAndGraph.IInternalUse.InternalItemHovered (System.Object userData) (at Assets/Chart And Graph/Script/AnyChart.cs:988)
    ChartAndGraph.ChartItemEvents.OnMouseEnter () (at Assets/Chart And Graph/Script/ChartItem/ChartItemEvents.cs:81)
    UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  11. wechat_os_Qy0_d5rjQ_em6jBpcn23QxyhQ

wechat_os_Qy0_d5rjQ_em6jBpcn23QxyhQ

Hello, I would like to ask me how to use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out of the Graph chart class data. Why does it look for the last element instead of where I zoom with my mouse

12. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. It seems an update to the pie chart component broke some of the theme scenes (in hover event). This issue is now fixed in version 1.41.2. I keep updating the asset and these issues sometimes happen , sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

13. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

You can find the zoom tutorial and the large data feed tutorial in the tutorials folder. They will help you learn about scrolling. Also , if the chart scrolls to the last element , check that auto scroll is not turned on.

14. alexis78963_unity

alexis78963_unity

Hello,

I'm totally new to this asset, I wanted to import the text3D package to see what it does, but when I import it, I get this error:

Assets\Chart And Graph\Text3D\script\ChartCommon.TextEffects3D.cs(42,39): error: 'TextElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any idea? Should I add something in the GraphAndChart assembly definition?

Thanks,
    Alexis

15. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

The text3d package can be used only if you have the asset https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/3d-text-effects-framework-163395 . If you are having trouble setting this up , please contact me at support@bitsplash.io

alexis78963_unity likes this.
  16. robal1991

robal1991

Hello. I need to make a 2d graph with 2 categories. But I need different vertical axes for these categories. It is possible to do?

I need something like this:
    upload_2023-7-28_17-28-43.png

17. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

You can do that by stacking charts one on top of the other contact me at support@bitsplash.io if you are having trouble doing so.

18. robal1991

robal1991

Thank you. I will try that. I have some more questions:
    - how to enable scrolling and how can I control scrolling the chart from a script? I need to click Play button and the chart should scroll automatically.
    - the labels go outside my container borders. How can I fix that?
    - how can I block scrolling besides my min and max on X axis?
    - how can I remove this label? I have the horizontal data units to 600 (10 minutes)
    upload_2023-7-31_16-34-59.png
    Thanks for your help :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  19. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there.
    1. Have a look at the following article : https://bitsplash.io/docs/basic-concepts/setting-the-view-portion/view-portion-basics
    2. this is proper behaviour of Graph and Chart. You can place them in a parent container in case they interfere with your ui
    3. use a script to assign a min and max value to the scrolling as described in 1]
    var axis = GetComponent<HorizontalAxis>();
    axis.WithEdges = false;

robal1991 likes this.
  20. robal1991

robal1991

@BitsplashIO, can I connect a unity standard scrollbar with the chart?

21. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

you can place it on a scroll view if that's what you mean. if you are having trouble doing so contact me at support@bitsplash.io

22. LittleBria

LittleBria

Hi,

I'm trying to get HoverText working for a 3DGraph. But it seems it is only implemented for the canvas variant.
    Since I'm pretty new to unity I'm kinda struggling to implement something that works.
    I can get the string I want to show in the engine as debug log output on a hover event but at a loss what kind of structure I need to show it in game.

Thanks for any help

23. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. Please contact me at support@bitsplash.io with more details.

24. buit_unity

buit_unity

Hello,

I see that one of the features of this asset is to "Automatically load XML/JSON files" and I am wondering if there is a feature to allow to load CSV files?

Thanks

25. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. Currently there is no automatic loading for CSV. But you can still load the CSV yourself and feed it's data to the chart.

26. fouroneone

fouroneone

Hello,

I am a purchaser of the Graph and Chart - Lite Edition Unity asset.

In the picture provided, I want to modify the x-axis values to the dates obtained from the database. I'm not sure where I should make this modification.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know which line of the script I should edit.

Thank you

27. ipari_dev

ipari_dev

Hello,

I want to remove the first label on sub divisions.
    1. Is it possible to remove first label by option?
    2. Is it possible to get list of axis labels and modify the first label?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

28. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there.
    Have a look at the following article https://bitsplash.io/docs/chart-axis/setting-axis-date-and-format

29. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

30. buit_unity

buit_unity

Hello, for the line graph Chart, is there a way to animate the dots so that for each category they are all simultaneously adding one dot at a time together but for the same value on the horizontal axis.

I know there is a tutorial to do it through Update() where it continuously adds dots forever, but I'm trying to do it for 4 horizontal values.

31. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. you can use the same tutorial and elaborate on it so it adds to 4 categories. And even n categories ( using a for loop). If you are having trouble doing so , contact me at support@bitsplash.io

32. buit_unity

buit_unity

Hello,

I'm wondering for the line graph if it is possible to have like a vertical stick of some sort that follows the year it is currently toggled on.

Say I have a line graph with the x-axis with year values from 2000-2015, and I have a slider that is currently set to 2013. Is there a visual indicator of some sort for the line graph that I can use to display the currently toggled/hovered value used by my slider?

33. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. If i understand you correctly , you are looking for this : https://bitsplash.io/docs/advanced-topics/placing-your-own-objects-on-top-of-charts
    Also , look at the tracker line tutorial, it has a script that adds tracker lines to your chart.

If you have any additional questions please contact me at support@bitsplash.io

34. buit_unity

buit_unity

Hello, I was working on my line chart and all of a sudden the x-axis values disappeared. Is there a way to check if I misclicked something?

35. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there . please contact me at support@bitsplash.io with images of the issue and your inspector.

36. SAMYTHEBIGJUICY

SAMYTHEBIGJUICY

Hellooo sorry to bother, I'm loving the asset thank you for developing it xxxx. I wanted to ask whether there is a way to make the material go through 3 colours rather than 2? So from blue to yellow to red.

Also a second question - let's say at the end of a level I had a bunch of data I wanted to display to the user to summarise the level. Maybe max 700 points. Would the best way be to collect this data in a list as the level goes on and then at then end populate a chart with addpointtocategory and loop through my list using
    for (int i = 0; i < MylistTotalPoints; i++)

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
  37. SAMYTHEBIGJUICY

SAMYTHEBIGJUICY

cool never mind this worked.
    for (int i = 0; i < dataPoints.Count; i++) /
    {
    Graph.DataSource.AddPointToCategory("Power", dataPoints.x, dataPoints.y);

May I ask if there is an easy way to graphically add a marker for the high/low + value for each series? Would like to request this feature if not!

38. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. Please contact me at support@bitsplash.io

39. unity_1A9E81753B06D39B8727

unity_1A9E81753B06D39B8727

Hi,

I am using the Graph and i do like the visuals. But is there any simple way to use a logarithmic scale on the y axis which i can set myself, instead of the linear one. Because my values start at hundreds and go into millions but i would also like to be able to see the differences and progresses in the 3 decimal sections.

Thanks

40. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there.

Dragging the bar to increase value is not supported. Supported interactions include events , and prefabs.

Let me know if you need any further assistance on this matter.

Happy to help

41. LeCommandeur

LeCommandeur

Hi @BitsplashIO,

I'm trying to create a pie chart with labels. So far it looks like this.

1.jpg

As you can see, the labels are not properly aligned with the different part of the chart.
    My question is simple: how can I align the labels so that they are positionned like the bottom left 19% in gray relatively to the chart?

I also provide a screenshot of the parameters used so far of the CanvasPieChart and ItemLabels scripts.

2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

42. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. is it possible that you have non uniform scaling on the object or the parent hierarchy ? anyway , contact me at support@bitsplash.io and we'll find out what's happening.