Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ChartBoost native plugin vs Prime31

Discussion in 'Android' started by Simmo76, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Simmo76

Simmo76

Hi there,

Earlier this year I purchased the Prime31 plugin for chartboost. I'm pretty pleased with it but Chartboost have now released their own native plugin which I'm considering using instead. One of the Chartboost support team members commented on how their native plugin was "more stable" than the Prime31 version but I'm not so sure.

I just wanted to know if anyone out there has used both and, if so, is one really better than the other? Also, The native one seems to be a bit more work to set up "out of the box " and doesn't play very nicely with Prime31's admob plugin (which I also use).

Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Simon

2. nburlock

nburlock

I stopped using Prime31's plugins when they started overriding the main Unity Activity.

I tried the official Chartboost plugin and it does work. I didn't have any real issues with it, but I did try it after ripping the Prime31 one stuff out.

I finally settled on Admob mediation to control Chartboost interstitials for my Android apps. I did have to write a small native code interface though. Using this setup meant that I only had to include the chartboost jar and the interface jar in Unity.

3. Simmo76

Simmo76

I ended up using both the prime31 chartboost and admob combo plugins and they both seem to be playing well together on both android and iOS.

Initially I had a manifest merge issue which went away when I cleared the plugins directory (prime31 components only) and started over.