Search Unity

ChartBoost Google Play Services lib error

Discussion in 'Android' started by sdf124, May 25, 2016.

1. sdf124

sdf124

Hi everyone,

I am trying to integrate Chartboost with Unity, and I encounter this error when I click "Setup Android SDK":

Google Play Services lib project not found at: C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    ChartboostSDK.CBSettingEditor:DoSetup() (at Assets/Chartboost/Editor/CBSettingEditor.cs:179)
    ChartboostSDK.CBSettingEditor:SetupUI() (at Assets/Chartboost/Editor/CBSettingEditor.cs:157)
    ChartboostSDK.CBSettingEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Chartboost/Editor/CBSettingEditor.cs:75)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Any idea why this happens? I have triple checked the SDK manager to install the Google Play Services, but this error still persists.

Thank you

2. liortal

liortal

The error says it all: do you have this folder or not:
    C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib

You should install the google play services from the android sdk manager

3. pertsa

pertsa

Latest ggl play services (v.30) file location has changed, and chartboost sdk setup can not find. Please report bug to Chartboost to get this fixed asap.

4. smithmj5

smithmj5

I'm having the same issue. However I looked into the Chartboost code that is giving the error, and all it is doing is copying that project into the Android/Plugins directory.

I already had google-play-services_lib in my Android/Plugins dir from other plugins I'm using, so I just didn't bother running the "Setup Android SDK", and Chartboost works fine on both of my Android devices.

Not sure that's a recommended thing to do, but it seems to work for me.

5. viosat

viosat

Response from Chartboost:

This is currently an on-going bug with the new Google Play Services update because they have updated their structure and our engineers are currently working on fixing this issue.

For the moment, the workaround is to downgrade to Google Play Services v29 (which I have attached).

Make sure to uninstall v30 in prior:
    To do this, open android studio, then open the SDK manager (settings/preferences -> Android SDK -> Launch Standalone SDK manager)
    Click on Google Play Services v30, and delete package.

Then, unzip the contents of the zipfile, and place the folder titled "google_play_services" into this directory:

Windows:
    C:/Users/Username/AppData/
    Local/Android/sdk/extras/google/

Mac:
    /Users/Username/Library/Android/sdk/extras/google/

This should fix the problem!

Download link:

http://www.megafileupload.com/js2l/google_play_services_v29.zip

and here:
    http://www106.zippyshare.com/v/3gCZmwSL/file.html

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    UnityLighting likes this.
  6. zero_null

zero_null

helped thanks !

7. MianAbdul

MianAbdul

Google Play Services lib project not found at: D:/Installed_Android/Android/sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    ChartboostSDK.CBSettingEditor:DoSetup() (at Assets/Chartboost/Editor/CBSettingEditor.cs:214)
    ChartboostSDK.CBSettingEditor:SetupUI() (at Assets/Chartboost/Editor/CBSettingEditor.cs:158)
    ChartboostSDK.CBSettingEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Chartboost/Editor/CBSettingEditor.cs:76)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()