Search Unity

Character/Zombie Pack

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted User, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am going to release these two packs @ $50.00 each.
    What do you think???

More info soon.....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  2. RingOfStorms

RingOfStorms

Does it include animations? If so which ones for each? Are the models all ready to use out of the package? Baked skeletons etc.

3. TheCasual

TheCasual

I see many outfits and textures that are directly reflecting of the same textures used in Autodesks Evolver characters (point and case the white trooper body suit is the exacct same texture set)..... If this is as it seems , you may want to reconsider, as their is a very strict EULA to those assets.

4. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@willc- Now that you pointed that out and I googled it...yeah the character and texture do look nearly identical to the Evolver character. That can't be good or legit. :(

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

re-------
    you may want to reconsider, as their is a very strict EULA to those assets.
    ---------
    Did you have a Login??
    Have You Used the evolver Application?
    Did you ever create a character(Avatar??)
    Why Did they have a Professional tab / ADVERTISING "Sell Your Avatar"??

As you recall evolver went free for a small amount of time...Of course these are royalty Free!!

These models are from the tab "Professional" with a subtitle (Sell Your Avatar/Get In Maya/FBX...) of course
    I copied the EULA Have it in my possesion and am reading it, have read it, a YES these are now MY Characters..No Question....

The Professional Tab WAS a PAY for character service / I took advantage of a brief window when that service became free, without any change to there EULA...

I thought it was too good to be true, re-read the EULA, emailed the web site to confirm..and YES, I can sell all models I created under my account.

My specefic question to them at the time..."What stops me from downloading your entire character library and re-selling them??"The Response I got "Nothing, The characters are now free, untill the sites shuts down."

I would not spend 2 weeks in maya and motionbuilder, then advertise this stuff , IF I was not 100% sure that I had legal right to ALL assets.

and I am re-targeting my entire mocap libray to this rig.

All Animations will work on All Charcters

I am up to 150+ now..All Soldier, 3rd Person Example, and Library of everyday motions.
    All Looped, All characters game ready, with example scenes,props, etc..

All Character LOD's work in the Unity editor/game.

I am going to re-texture the tech suits....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  6. TheCasual

TheCasual

Well if you can do it legally all the power to ya m8. It was my understanding in the EULA , word for word , it read ,** can not resell collection / package of **, but again , im not evolver / autodesk, just pointing out what i read, and the very obvious textures that i spotted.