Search Unity

Character textures in Blender barely recognisable

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by TheUnrealStick, Feb 17, 2022.

1. TheUnrealStick

TheUnrealStick

Hello all!
    I have problems transferring my .fbx files from blender to unity because the textures come all messed up.
    See for yourself down below, (Unity is deep blue Blender is sky blue).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

I honestly don't see any "textures" here to speak of, just a couple of solid colors. The difference in the shade of blue could probably be attributed to different lighting conditions within Unity.

Could you be more specific about what you think the problem is?

The only issue I'm really seeing is that it looks like you've messed up the normals on the headband the character's wearing, and some of the normals are flipped. That (misleadingly) looks okay in Blender, but it's probably why the headband looks messed up in Unity. Go back into blender and correct the direction that the normals are facing.

3. DimitriX89

DimitriX89

Newer Blender versions have Filmic color correction enabled by default (Render Properties - Color Management - View Transform). Looks like it doesnt match whatever color correction (tone mapping) Unity uses. Try to switch View Transform to Standard in Blender to see if it will be more acccurate to Unity. Also, check if Color Space for the texture isnt set to Linear in your Blender material. Linear is meant for non-color data like Normal maps, while sRGB is for diffuse/albedo.

We arent discussing art here, no use being snobby. If OP has problem with a simple texture, then it will be even worse with anything more detailed.