Search Unity

Character Spinning Uncontrollably

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by Blitzkriegmlg, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Blitzkriegmlg

Blitzkriegmlg

Hi all,

I've cloned the project and followed the setup outlined on GitHub and the project builds fine and I believe I have everything working without any hiccups, but when I go into preview or just regular play in a build, my character just spins left constantly and looks straight up.

I can fight it by moving the mouse the other way, but it's not playable enough to get a feel for how the project actually plays or to see anything in action.

My machine is running Windows 8.1. I don't have any other input devices other than my 1 steelseries mouse and a razer keyboard, but I'm still stuck spinning if I unplug it. I'd love some help if anyone has any ideas on what could cause this.

Thanks!

2. poettlr

poettlr

I had the same problem, got it fixed by
    1) Reimporting all Prefabs and Models
    2) Updating Registry in Project Tools
    3) Forcing all Asset Bundles
    4) Building a new player

For starting the project I use Unity as the Server.
    Hope that helps

3. Blitzkriegmlg

Blitzkriegmlg

Hmm, I've never used the asset bundler before. How do I do step 3?

4. poettlr

poettlr

They have added a Button in the Project Tools of the FPS-Sample;
    As soon as you open the Project Tools via FPS Sample > Windows > Project Tools;
    You find it under Bundles;
    There you can just build the levels, assets or force everything via the All button.

Cheers;

5. Blitzkriegmlg

Blitzkriegmlg

I followed these steps but my character is still spinning in both the preview and the build. The build complains about a missing .cfg file and the Unity console has a number of errors upon building through the Project Tools > Build game about the burst compiler. In my experience the error messsges about the shader keywords is pretty normal for the HDRP and can be ignored though.

GameConsole.JPG UnityConsole.JPG

6. Blitzkriegmlg

Blitzkriegmlg

For anyone else who has this issue, I had to comment out the lines in InputSystem.cs assigning deltaMousePos with data from Game.Input.GetAxisRaw("RightStickX") and Game.Input.GetAxisRaw("RightStickY"). I don't have any devices plugged into my computer that would register values there, but maybe I have some virtual device that's causing it? Either way, it looks like the issue is extremely situational.

7. neoevans

neoevans

Mine ended up being caused by a gamepad plugged into the back of my PC. Unplugged, and it stopped spinning.

8. unity_WUpJ-NGnqtWfpA

unity_WUpJ-NGnqtWfpA

Yeah, i removed my 3D Spacemouse.
    Now it works

9. michaelthegentleman

michaelthegentleman