Search Unity

Question Character sinks into 3d object

Discussion in 'Physics' started by the_iop, May 19, 2020.

1. the_iop

the_iop

Hello!

I found out a strange behaviour when using a character that should stand on an object above a terrain.

I use a popular plugin called game creator and allready talked to the programmers. They say that "Game Creator doesn't really do anything that could be causing this".

Here is the starting situation. Just a normal cube, a character and a terrain object. All values remain default in this test.

I also added the full settings of the terrain, the characters and the cube at the end of the post:

start.png
    If you press play now the character sinks into the cube like on this image (cube position y: 0.0):
    ver1.png
    If you remove the terrain and leave everything else the same this happens- the character stand on the cube correctly:
    ver2.png
    The same happens if the distance between the cube and the terrain is higher (cube position y: 0.4): ver3.png
    Do I something wrong here or is it a (known) bug?

Just as mentioned before the settings for the terrain the character and the cube (everything standard values):
    settings_all.png
    Thanks for your answers!

2. AlTheSlacker

AlTheSlacker

I have had problems with scaled primitives not colliding properly in the past - can you try the same set up with an unscaled (1,1,1) cube and parent?

3. the_iop

the_iop

Tx for your answer!
    I tried with a 1,1,1 cube and this is the result :(
    If you set the Position Y >0 the character stands on the cube if u set it lower its like on the image. But still this would be no solution for me.

cube_1_1_1.jpg