Search Unity

Character scale issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by blacksun, Sep 8, 2012.

1. blacksun

blacksun

Hi!

I jumped right in to unity with my idea and had a programmer help me get a bike model and rider that I made working with physics and everything in unity. I have the physics working well but unfortunately, I didn't have anything else in the scene, and now I'm realizing that my character is way too large. He's about 10 units tall, on the bike. I've read that 1 Unity unit equals 1 meter?

This wouldn't be a problem for me except for that when I go to paint in trees, they are way too small, even at the "200" max size.

When I attempt to scale down my character, I break the whole rig, due to physics changes and the wheel colliders etc. I may be able to get this right, but haven't been able to so far after a few tries scaling everything down, re-positioning the wheel colliders and center of mass etc.

So my question is, what should I do? Is there a way to re-import the trees at a larger scale? Or is that just asking for trouble later on? Should I take the time to scale the character down?

Thanks!

2. blacksun

blacksun

Or, I guess, another way of putting it is, "how important is it to be at 1 unity unit= 1 meter = 1 "real life" meter scale"? Again, my character is about 10 meters tall, and I'm having trouble scaling him down.