Search Unity

Character rig from Cinema 4D to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by quimqu, Nov 10, 2013.

1. quimqu

quimqu

Hello,

I write here after searching for hours looking for a solution for my problem.

I have a character made with cinema 4d. I riggerd it with the "character Advanced Biped" and weighed. It has a root, a spine, a left and right arm (with their scapulas) and a left and right leg. It looks great in Cinema 4D. Once I export it (fbx) and import it in Unity, I want to animate it with Mecanim. And when I go to the rig option, I get two errors:

"AvatarBuilder 'commando_rig2': Required human bone 'LeftUpperLeg' not found
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

and

"MuscleClip 'commando_rig2' conversion failed: Required human bone 'LeftUpperLeg' not found
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

I cannot go firther into the Mecanim animation, because the rigging is cancelled.

Any idea? I also tried the "character Biped" (not the advanced one) but I also get similar errors.

Thank you for your support.

2. jRocket

jRocket

In the rig panel, you need to click on 'configure' and assign your imported bones to the mecanim rig, so it knows what to do with it.
    In your 3d software, make sure that you are only importing the weighted bones for your character, and not any rig handles or controls.