Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Character resets to 0,0,0 when animating

Discussion in 'Animation' started by RensDevolp, Nov 18, 2017.

1. RensDevolp

RensDevolp

Hi!

I'm working on a survival game and the animations just ABSOLUTELY drive me crazy. I'm trying to make animations for a bow, but every time I try to make a new animation, it resets the character to 0,0,0 pos and rotating joints makes the character jump back to it's in-crouch-like position, where it already was. I know I'm doing something wrong, but what? I tried editing an existing animation(after duplicating), same result. I also made a new character to animate that one, same result. It's a humanoid character, with all the bones and muscles configured ok. Playing animations works just normal. My model is child of the character controller.

upload_2017-11-18_20-20-41.png
    Kind regards,

Rens

p.s. english is not my mother language, so there might be some grammar errors.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Maybe the avatar definitions for the animations are not matching the characters avatar definition? Really difficult to tell from the limited info you provided.

Also - what's up with your character? It's broken into like 1000 random pieces! Might consider reducing the poly count if this is due to the mesh being split from the 65k poly limit.

3. RensDevolp

RensDevolp

Thanks for your response. My char currently has all of his clothes on, you're seeing the overlapping clothes.

As far as I can tell the animation uses the same avatar as my char. It's very hard for me to give more information because I litteraly have no clue what te problem might be.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  4. RensDevolp

RensDevolp

I hate to do this but i really, really need an solution here: bump

5. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

You cannot keyframe a humanoid character in Unity.

You need to do it in an authoring tools like 3ds max, maya, blender, etc ...

6. RensDevolp

RensDevolp

thanks! I knew I was doing something wrong here, at least I now what the problem is.