Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

character position change when adding two bone ik

Discussion in 'Animation' started by zaarourmehdi, Mar 26, 2021.

1. zaarourmehdi

zaarourmehdi

Hello,

I am new to Unity in general, I am trying to make a little game that requires me moving procedurely the legs of my character, I downloaded a mixamo character and adapted the script from procedural animation concept video on unity youtube channel and it worked well, when I try with a character I created in blender it gives mad results and let me explain, I created a simple character and did the rigging (but did not add an ik target and ik pole) and created an idle animation and exported it as an .fbx. I then imported it in unity and applied human human rig and the avatar is the following

After that I set up a rig, created an animator and put my idle animation as a default one, when I execute everything is okay. After that I created in the rig an object to which I added a two bone IK and selected the left foot as the target (did the same with the right foot) like in the youtube channel video

This time when I play the scene my character goes into the air and is deformed and I am stuck here, any sort of help is welcome.