Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Unity 2022.2 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are making some changes to the DOTS forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Character position bugging with Animation Rigging

Discussion in 'Animation' started by potato_dev, Jul 9, 2021.

1. potato_dev

potato_dev

So, I am developing a Third Person Shooter using Animation Rigging which the character must grab the weapon and aim according the camera center. I followed video tutorials of aiming with animation rigging, but on my first step, which is setting the right hand on the weapon, is returning me a flying character on runtime.

On inspector there is no change on position.y in any object. but as you can see in the screenshot, I have my character in a different position on Y.
    No matter the type of the rig I set up or the hierarchy of the source object target, I get this result on runtime.

Some settings:
    - "Banana Man" has Animator and Rig Builder with "RigLayer_HandIK" added as Rig Layer
    - "Armature" is the skeleton of the character
    - "Weapon" is a child of "Banana Man" and don't have components
    - "RigLayers" don't have components
    - "RigLayer_HandIK" has component Rig
    - "Right Hand IK" has Two Bone Constraint
    - I don't have any collider inside "Weapon", just mesh filters and mesh renderers

I don't have any GameObjects with same name inside "Banana Man".
    Without setting "Weapon" as source target on Two Bone IK Constraint, my character act normal. I tried with an empty animation, but I have the same result.

Could someone explain what I am doing wrong?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. potato_dev

potato_dev

So, I tried to change the character model (the skeleton and the meshes) and I finally get what I wanted. So the problem was related to the model.