Search Unity

Character position bugging with Animation Rigging

Discussion in 'Animation' started by potato_dev, Jul 9, 2021.

1. potato_dev

potato_dev

So, I am developing a Third Person Shooter using Animation Rigging which the character must grab the weapon and aim according the camera center. I followed video tutorials of aiming with animation rigging, but on my first step, which is setting the right hand on the weapon, is returning me a flying character on runtime.

On inspector there is no change on position.y in any object. but as you can see in the screenshot, I have my character in a different position on Y.
    No matter the type of the rig I set up or the hierarchy of the source object target, I get this result on runtime.

Some settings:
    - "Banana Man" has Animator and Rig Builder with "RigLayer_HandIK" added as Rig Layer
    - "Armature" is the skeleton of the character
    - "Weapon" is a child of "Banana Man" and don't have components
    - "RigLayers" don't have components
    - "RigLayer_HandIK" has component Rig
    - "Right Hand IK" has Two Bone Constraint
    - I don't have any collider inside "Weapon", just mesh filters and mesh renderers

I don't have any GameObjects with same name inside "Banana Man".
    Without setting "Weapon" as source target on Two Bone IK Constraint, my character act normal. I tried with an empty animation, but I have the same result.

Could someone explain what I am doing wrong?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. potato_dev

potato_dev

So, I tried to change the character model (the skeleton and the meshes) and I finally get what I wanted. So the problem was related to the model.

3. girguy101

girguy101

i dont understand the solution. please document better