Search Unity

Character/player avatar model question

Discussion in 'Animation' started by adenirportillo57, Sep 20, 2017.

1. adenirportillo57

adenirportillo57

Hey guys, This is my first time asking something here, but i figure maybe someone here could help me. So I am currently working on a school project for my junior seminar, and i decided to create a video game. The game is basically going to be the league of legends champion/character yasuo walking around a forest, killing enemies with his sword. I wanted to know how can i get character models for him? for example i went to the website

https://www.yobi3d.com/q/3d-printing-model-yasuo-obj

which has the model of yasuo, but i am not sure how to use them in game. I am just starter using unity so yea i am a total noob but figure maybe someone could direct me to tutorials. I finish the roll a ball and survial shooter tutorial. The survial shooter match most what i would like this game to look like since i want the 3rd person perpective and enemies to follow yasuo and yasuo to have to fight them and move to an exit. if anyone can direct me to tutorials that could help me that would be wonderful. Oh and also if using the model from the website above is possible.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

The model you link to is simply a static model used for 3D printing, not a character with a rig and animations (I think).
    Anyway - that isn't really important.

The character isn't important at this point. Your goal is to create a game with (any) a character walking around a forest killing enemies with a sword.

Since you have already identified some tutorials that you have worked through, and the survival shooter matches closely what you want to achieve, you have two options. Either edit the survival shooter until it resembles what you want, or recreate your vision while using the survival shooter as reference.

For characters - look into the documentation and animation section of the learning material. It has info on how to properly import characters and models into the engine.
    After that look on the asset store. There are numerous free characters set up specifically to be used in Unity, with rigs and textures and animations. Then go back into the documentation and learn section to follow how to properly import and set up the characters in the engine.

Beyond that - good luck, I might suggest reducing scope - but I think its a good learning experience to fail when first starting out, so I won't. ;)