Search Unity

Character not in T-pose when importing animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ThreeRing, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem in Unity 2018.2.15f1 (64-bit) when importing animations.
    After dragging an animation to my project, setting it to Humanoid, and Root Transform, the avatar gives me a warning saying "Character is not in T-pose". I have searched online and got to the point where it gets fixed by pressing the Enforce T-pose button down below, but I have quite a huge number of animations, and doing this step for every one of them is quite time-consuming.

On previous versions I don't remember having a problem like this and in fact it's my first time doing this procedure to fix it. Is it some kind of bug that came up on this version, or might I be doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

unity_-YhAGBX97tqBoA likes this.
  2. leftshoe18

leftshoe18

Did you get the animations from a site or did you make them yourself?

ThreeRing likes this.
  3. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I made the animations myself.

4. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Just checking in again to ask if you guys can give some advice on this, as I still have not found a suitable fix for it :(
    Thanks in advance!

5. leftshoe18

leftshoe18

On the rig import try copying the avatar from another model instead of creating a new one for the animation. If it works you should only have to set up one avatar and enforce t-pose on that if necessary.

6. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.
    In fact, I have already done that, and yes, it works. However, I need to do it to every single FBX file that I import.
    In Unity's previous versions, just bringing the FBX in wouldn't cause a problem at all, but in this Unity2018.2.15f1 version, when changing the animation setting to Humanoid, it just says there is no T-Pose... (again, this can be fixed through the method you said, but I need to do it to all the files one by one).

Is there any reason for this to happen? Is there a fix?

Once again, thanks in advance for your attention!

7. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

I guess there is no fix?...

8. ikazrima

ikazrima

@ThreeRing not sure why you need to set enforce tpose for every animation, you just need to do it once and copy them.

A) Import a t-posed FBX without animation, set it to humanoid / enforce t-pose. This will be the main file you'll be using.
    B) Import other FBXs with armature & animation ONLY (without mesh).

Select all files in B), set it to humanoid, set copy rig from A.

9. petersx

petersx

I have the same problem - when importing animation f.e. from mixamo and set enforce t-pose - animation is bad - walk animation looks like it be zombie, not human.
    It's a pity, because Unity autorig module was the best - it was: drag & drop & fun - but now it's more like: drag & drop & horror

10. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Thank you for your reply!

I will try this method and get back to you if something goes wrong!

ikazrima likes this.