Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Character not in T-pose when importing animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ThreeRing, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem in Unity 2018.2.15f1 (64-bit) when importing animations.
    After dragging an animation to my project, setting it to Humanoid, and Root Transform, the avatar gives me a warning saying "Character is not in T-pose". I have searched online and got to the point where it gets fixed by pressing the Enforce T-pose button down below, but I have quite a huge number of animations, and doing this step for every one of them is quite time-consuming.

On previous versions I don't remember having a problem like this and in fact it's my first time doing this procedure to fix it. Is it some kind of bug that came up on this version, or might I be doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. leftshoe18

leftshoe18

Did you get the animations from a site or did you make them yourself?

ThreeRing likes this.
  3. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I made the animations myself.

4. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Just checking in again to ask if you guys can give some advice on this, as I still have not found a suitable fix for it :(
    Thanks in advance!

5. leftshoe18

leftshoe18

On the rig import try copying the avatar from another model instead of creating a new one for the animation. If it works you should only have to set up one avatar and enforce t-pose on that if necessary.

6. ThreeRing

ThreeRing

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.
    In fact, I have already done that, and yes, it works. However, I need to do it to every single FBX file that I import.
    In Unity's previous versions, just bringing the FBX in wouldn't cause a problem at all, but in this Unity2018.2.15f1 version, when changing the animation setting to Humanoid, it just says there is no T-Pose... (again, this can be fixed through the method you said, but I need to do it to all the files one by one).

Is there any reason for this to happen? Is there a fix?

Once again, thanks in advance for your attention!