Search Unity

Character not facing where it's suposed to!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by AdowTatep, May 28, 2015.

1. AdowTatep

AdowTatep

I'm making a isometric prototype game and using unity chan on it, and i'm on the basics of learning. Her movement is using this code on update:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         horizMove = Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");//Stores the horizontal move value in the variable
    2.         vertMove = Input.GetAxis("Vertical");//Stores the vertical move value in the variable
    4.         Vector3 movement = new Vector3(horizMove, 0, vertMove);
    6.         rigidB.AddForce(movement * moveSpeed / Time.deltaTime);
    I want her to face right when pressed right, left when pressed left and so on and considering the camera but if i use this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (horizMove > 0.1)//If you pressed Right
    2.         {
    3.             gameObject.transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3(0, mainCamera.transform.rotation.eulerAngles.y+90, 0);
    4.             rigidB.AddForce(gameObject.transform.forward);
    5.         }
    6.         else if (horizMove < 0)//If you pressed Left
    7.         {
    8.             gameObject.transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3(0, mainCamera.transform.rotation.eulerAngles.y -90, 0);
    9.         }
    11.         else if (vertMove > 0.1)//If you pressed Up
    12.         {
    13.             gameObject.transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3(0, mainCamera.transform.rotation.eulerAngles.y, 0);
    15.         }
    16.         else if (vertMove < 0)//If you pressed Down
    17.         {
    18.             gameObject.transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3(0, mainCamera.transform.rotation.eulerAngles.y-180, 0);
    19.         }
    She justs looks left, right up and down, not down+right, up+right etc, and it's not even smooth! I'm not goot at searching on google, i searched it and found tutorials that i could improve my movement script, but i don't know how to make it rotate :(

2. blizzy

blizzy

She can't look into two directions at once, because all your conditions are mutually exclusive.

Secondly, it can't be smooth because you don't make it happen smoothly. You're setting a hard rotation that's not dependent on time, and that's it. If you want a smooth rotation, you have to rotate over time.