Search Unity

Character modelling question

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Munchy2007, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Hi all,

I'm currently in discussions with a 3D modelling artist with a view to hiring him to create and rig some cartoon/chibi style character models for me.

He has quoted me a rate of $32 USD per hour for his time.

Not having had any prior experience with hiring anyone for 3D modelling, I have no idea if this would be considered cheap/average or expensive, and I was hoping for some advice from the community in that regard.

Many thanks

2. YaarMMO

YaarMMO

3. YaarMMO

YaarMMO

Also, I should add... that depends on skill level also 100% if he is rigging animating modeling texturing this is hours, weeks, and months of time depending on what you are making the phrase "Cheap Is Expensive" is quite the saying in this case... the cheap artist is normally not terribly capable its the difference between High CGI like vs a stick man if the artist supplied a portfolio I could give you a better idea if its "expensive" or not really. my portfolio, for example, doesn't blow you out of the water amazing... but I do get paid a bit for the models that I have made (about 20$/hr) however most jobs I was rushed, and the outcome shows.

4. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Thanks @YaarMMO, since I posted I'd carried out a bit more research and I'd come to the conclusion he was at the cheaper end of the scale (for the US at least).

5. YaarMMO

YaarMMO

Indeed, and to be honest there is nothing wrong with that everyone needs to start someplace, but make sure your paying the proper costs for the skillset :D

Munchy2007 likes this.