Search Unity

Character gets invisible when building game [download included]

Discussion in '2D' started by RuCaNi, Feb 18, 2020.

1. RuCaNi

RuCaNi

Hey,
    I downloaded Unity and started to learn programming with it. I watched many tutorials and coded my first game in Unity. It was a lot of effort, but now, it´s finished and ready to build so I can show it my friends and family.
    The problem is that in the editor everything works fine, but when I build it as Windows, WebGL or iOS game, the main character is invisible. The game is a 2D Endless Runner and the properties are still working after the build, (when the invisible player touches a zombie or the edge of the screen, the game is ending) but the character is completely invisible.
    I´ve already tried many things to solve that but nothing worked.
    You can download the game and try to solve the problem or just reply with your ideas what the problem could be.
    Click here for the Link (the file is too large to upload it directly to the unity forum)

It would be a huge help because it´s my first game and I spend a lot of time in it.
    Thanks for your help,
    RuCaNi

2. unit_dev123

unit_dev123

Depends what it is, may be bug, try switching shaders

3. RuCaNi

RuCaNi

Hi unit_dev123,
    thanks for your reply. I already searched how to change shaders but I only found changing shaders in 3D games.
    Can you send me quick instructions how to do that in a 2D game?

4. unit_dev123

unit_dev123