Search Unity

Character customization

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Acatist, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Acatist

Acatist

Hello everyone. I don't know if this is the category of my question. I am a novice developer with some friends, and we are doing an MMORPG. We have made the clothes, and we have separated them by pieces: Helmet, Chest, Arms / Shoulders, Gloves, Legs and Boots. As in all games of this type, clothing can be combined in different ways. The problem we encounter is that, for example, when wearing pants that are not close to the skin with a higher boot, it may happen that the model of the pants intersects with that of the boot, and that it seems that they cross each other . The question is: Does anyone know any plug-in or video or script that solves in some way this problem of creating clothing sets avoiding these types of conflicts that may arise? The only thing that occurs to me is that the boot "cuts" the area of the pants it occupies, that is to say that it correctly conceals the part of the pants. Or any other method.

2. ibbybn

ibbybn

It may not be the answer you want to hear but: Create another version of the pants for bigger boots? ;)
    It's just a couple of sculpt strokes after all and a couple of codelines choosing which models to activate when changing clothes.

3. Acatist

Acatist

Mmmm ... It's not what I'm looking for unfortunately. I would like to be able to apply it also to the hairs, especially to long hairs when the player puts on a helmet or a hat, and the hairs that I have are of very high quality and difficult to work, that's why I was talking about a plug-in or script that can do this at runtime that I have expressed above, not to complicate too much if we add more content in the future.