Search Unity

Character Customization demo, working for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Tim Hays, May 9, 2010.

1. Tim Hays

Tim Hays

I've checked out the Character Customization demo, which is pretty awesome! I prefer C# and I need to quickly put together a demo for the iPhone that shows a character in a living room (from "dressing_room" demo) and this Character Customization demo should work great as a starting point if I can get it working on the iPhone. So, to cut-to-the-chase, the demo uses C# .Net 2.0 methods which are not supported on Unity iPhone (currently v1.7) related to "List<string>". The following examples give Parsing error CS8025:

static List<string> availableCharacters = new List<string>();

static Dictionary<string, WWW> wwws = new Dictionary<string, WWW>();

Not being that familiar with .Net 2.0, has anybody gotten this demo to build for Unity iPhone? Are there any drop-in code fixes?
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    -Tim :D [/code]

2. unitydevist

unitydevist

I asked about missing asset bundle request code to make it work on iPhone also.

http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=49791&highlight=character+demo+iphone

Let's work together on this and get a finished iPhone-compatible version.

I've had to pick through almost every piece of example code Unity has to get it to work on iPhone by explicitly defining var varclass : vartype = getcomponent(varclass); lines for every variable that is left unspecified in non-iPhone code.

3. Tim Hays

Tim Hays

lxpk: I see from your other post that you have already converted a couple of the other AHOT Unity examples into iPhone compatible builds (great work!) and you asked about where to post them. I'd be happy to post the zip file links on my server and offer them in the forums for download, etc.
    Also, I'm still very interested in getting this character demo converted to iPhone and we could post it as well. Feel free to email me: timhays [at] natural-selection [dot] com
    Thanks!

4. ashish1405

ashish1405

Hello Guys, did you manage to get this working on iPhone? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ash