Search Unity

CHARACTER CREATOR SIMP SERIES. Customize stylized characters now!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Meshtint, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Meshtint

Meshtint

We are releasing Character Creator SimP Series soon in Unity Asset Store!

SimP Series characters are simple and customizable. Just drag and attach the different hairs, costumes, accessories and weapons to create a unique looking character. Character's costume are separated into different parts. you can change the costume color easily by adjusting the tint color in the material.

Create different faces by just dragging the prefabs to the Head Dummy. Easy Peasy!

Different body types to create different looking characters. Currently, there are 3 categories. Average, Giant and Skeleton.

Create different types of characters easily.

Tutorial images are available on store description and in package to teach you how to customize your character.

Share with us on what you would like to see more in this pack. Or if you have any questions, feel free to let us know! Check out the video below to find out more!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    frbrz and Neviah like this.
  2. Meshtint

Meshtint

TUTORIAL. Learn how to customize SimP Characters in Unity Asset Store here: Gameready for #gamedev #indiedev Buy now!

frbrz likes this.
  3. Meshtint

Meshtint

Counting down to SimP Characters release date!

4. Meshtint

Meshtint

The wait is over! Character Creator SimP Series is now available at Unity Asset Store! Get it here!

Let us know if you have any questions for the pack. We will be happy to answer them :)

5. Supergeek

Supergeek

Looks great! Unfortunately $80 is a little steep for my indie project. Any chance you could make a "light" version with just the Average humanoids and fewer accessories?

6. R1PFake

R1PFake

Can you post more screenshots? For example the different face types, hair, gear, weapons etc it's hard to see in the store image. Looks like there are many options but it's hard to imagine what these characters could look like. Im mostly interessted in screenshots of "normal fantasy human" please.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. ayk

ayk

Purchased! The price was a bit of a shock, but given the higher level of detail compared to Little Heroes and Customisable Fantasy Buildings, I'd say it's worth it, especially if you support it as much as you have those other packs!

My requests: busty/curvy female body types and fat female and male body types. Oh and a giant female body type would be awesome too. The prototypes I'm working on now take place on a beach, so I'd also love to see some water-gun type weapons added, things like water pistols, water rifles, water grenade launchers, and so forth. Oh, and appropriate animations for the weapons too! ... Okay, I'll stop now :D

Best of luck with this pack! I hope it does well enough that you keep expanding it.

8. Meshtint

Meshtint

Thanks! I will discuss your suggestion with the team :)

Supergeek likes this.
  9. Meshtint

Meshtint

Thanks for your purchase! Yea we have put in a lot of time and effort in this one. It takes a lot more time to create assets with this level of details compare to LHMP. Probably that's why there are very few such packs in store.

We have noted on your requests. Currently the theme for the pack is focused on fantasy medieval theme, looking at the weapons requested, are you working on a different theme? We will be adding more assets soon :) Keep your requests coming!

10. Meshtint

Meshtint

The hair, eye brows , eyes and mouth are separated pieces. You can mix and match them to create a different look. For eg, a sad face, angry face or a sleepy face! This pack is very similar to Little Heroes Mega Pack but it has more details and more customization. We have quickly set up 3 characters in Unity. Just drag and drop the prefabs to the dummy bones to create unique look for the character.

11. Meshtint

Meshtint

We are working on a new environment that goes well with Simp Character Series. Let us know if you have suggestions!

12. ayk

ayk

Will it be interior or exterior environment?

13. Meshtint

Meshtint

We are going to start with exteriors first. What do you think?

14. ayk

ayk

I would love a fully modular exterior kit, actually, something that would work with TileEd or Octave3D World Builder. All the other exterior kits assume we'll be using terrains to build levels, so only provide buildings and props, but a set that was made up of various floor/path/environment tiles would be nice, so I could build an exterior world without using terrains.

Do you understand what I mean? I'm imagining the kind of tiles you'd find in a 2D RPG tileset, but in 3D. That would be neat and unique.

15. AGregori

AGregori

Cool asset, but with that price I think you'll need to cater to sci-fi and contemporary game settings as well, not just fantasy.

jovino likes this.
  16. LoDx

LoDx

Hi @MeshTint ,
    Nice asset !!

Question :-
    Does the sample scene ( or demo scene ) comes with character creation/customization/selection system/script ? or we still have to manually drag/drop to build the character(s) ?
    - I read in https://www.meshtint.com/blogs/news/tutorial-how-to-customize-simp-series-characters-in-unity , I 'guess' is that we have to build the characters 'manually' ?
    - I mean , does the pack come with system or something like in this video (
    ) ? That could really save alot of works for us !

I bought the "Little Heroes Mega Pack" ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/67636 ) as they looks cool , but then I realized it doesn't have ready sample scene system/script to do the customization easily ( although it does has a few scene with all characters in it )

Thanks !

17. Meshtint

Meshtint

That's a great suggestions. I will discuss with the team and see how we can work on it :)

18. Meshtint

Meshtint

Thanks for your feedback. We will look into it.

jovino likes this.
  19. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi!

Thank you! Glad that you like it. Yes you will need to drag the prefabs to the characters manually like Little Heroes Mega Pack. We would like to add a script to make this process even easier but currently we do not have a coder in our team yet.

20. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Purchased! Loving it... would love to see more fantasy armor, wizard robes and hoods/capes and stuff to be able to make a full fantasy world.

Question though: is there a way to combine at all? Or reduce the batches/draw calls? One character is a boatload of batches :(

Meshtint likes this.
  21. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Loving these guys, made my own eyes/mouth:

simp-guy-toon.jpg

bml, frbrz and Meshtint like this.
  22. Meshtint

Meshtint

Thank you!

There should some scripts available on UAS if you would like to reduce drawcalls. We will do some research and get back to you on this.

23. Meshtint

Meshtint

Looking good! Like how you put the characters and environment together. The style matches well.

24. Meshtint

Meshtint

We are working very hard on the environment now :) Here is a sneak peak on one of the buildings. More images coming up soon! On the side note, Simp Character Creator version 1.1 coming soon.

25. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hi. This looks great.

From what I can see, a lot of the animations are from Little Heroes, and perhaps accessories too.

I am much more interested in this set than Little Heroes (which I do love). Given the crossover between the assets, can an upgrade path be established so I do not need to purchase content I already own?

Thanks!

Meshtint likes this.
  26. wahyuway

wahyuway

++1 for this feature.
    Been little heroes's customer for a while, love it.
    Love this asset too. Added to my wishlist for next month or soon. It will be a great advantage if this system applied in near future.

27. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi!

This pack does not share any assets from Little Heroes Mega pack. The character's body proportion is far too different from Little Heroes and therefore they are not sharing any assets :)

28. Meshtint

Meshtint

Thanks! Currently we do not have any resources to develop a script to enhance the customization process. If you do know anyone is capable and keen to work on this area, do let us know! :)

29. Meshtint

Meshtint

30. tomraegan

tomraegan

My error.

Will start saving :)

Meshtint likes this.
  31. Alchemy-Games

Alchemy-Games

I bought this asset last night and have been loving the asset.

I have a question: is there a roadmap for this product?

Meshtint likes this.
  32. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi! I have glad you like it :) We are currently collecting feedback from users. Let us know if you have any feedback! We have gotten some request to add more body types.

33. Meshtint

Meshtint

Update on Simp Series Environment Pack. We have baked a low resolution lightmap to test the look and feel of the environment. What do you think?

Progress update:
    - Adding more buildings
    - Adding more props
    - Make the environment look more complete.
    - Improve lighting.
    - Add sky box and effects.

34. Meshtint

Meshtint

SimP Series environment pack work in progress :)

ayk and Supergeek like this.
  35. Meshtint

Meshtint

Another update! Sorry for the slow progress. Hope to get this up soon and add a new update to SimP Series Character Creator.

36. Meshtint

Meshtint

New SimP Environment Pack submitted to Unity Asset Store! Coming soon!

37. Meshtint

Meshtint

The wait is finally over! It took almost a month for it to get approved! Environment Pack SimP Series is now available at Unity Asset Store. Get it here.

38. R1PFake

R1PFake

I have a few questions:
    - it seems that the characters use different materials for the different parts, is it possible to give us a feature to use a single material per character? (performance reasons)
    - which styles/updates do you have planned for the character pack? (are there any plans for more "realistic"/"serious" faces? More mage cloth/weapons?
    - will the environment pack also get updates with new different styles/locations?

Meshtint likes this.
  39. Alchemy-Games

Alchemy-Games

@MeshTint Hi!
    I would like to request a few things.
    1) For you to extend the body options of the creatures that you have. For instance, rags for the skeletons. The skeletons and the giants are especially lacking right now.
    2) More enemies in this style! I would even buy a separate pack if it had enemies in this style, like wolves or dragons or something. You get the point.

I think you guys have a good niche here that others do not. Everybody tends to jump between the REALLY simplistic art design like the faceted style everyone is using, or they go straight up to hand painted. Both things are beautiful but I really like the clean look this gives with a toon shader and it fits the theme of my game well! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the roadmap!

Meshtint and frbrz like this.
  40. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi!

- it seems that the characters use different materials for the different parts, is it possible to give us a feature to use a single material per character? (performance reasons)
    • Some users have feedback on this. Mostly likely we will be adding single material costumes. It will work similarly like Little Heroes Mega Pack.
    - which styles/updates do you have planned for the character pack? (are there any plans for more "realistic"/"serious" faces? More mage cloth/weapons?
    • The style will remain the same for this pack so that it's consistent with other characters in the pack. Currently new weapons and costumes are on the priority list.
    - will the environment pack also get updates with new different styles/locations?
    • Yes we will be adding new content to the pack.

41. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi!

1) For you to extend the body options of the creatures that you have. For instance, rags for the skeletons. The skeletons and the giants are especially lacking right now.
    • These are great ideas! Currently our plates are quite full and therefore the updates are slower. Please bear with us!
    2) More enemies in this style! I would even buy a separate pack if it had enemies in this style, like wolves or dragons or something. You get the point.
    • Thanks for the feedback! We are considering to add them but we are holding it back first because we need to see if there's demand for this style. Currently the store is saturated with lowly priced simple style assets. It's not easy to compete with such prices. Hopefully we will have enough resources to work on it very soon!

OG_Jacob and frbrz like this.
  42. OG_Jacob

OG_Jacob

Thanks for the pack it suits my needs but I also would like to request a few things! Well actually its just more meshes... please :) More body shapes/sizes (Heavy-set, children, elderly). More heads! Just some variety here would make a huge impact. More accessories! At least a backpack.

Keep up the great work!

frbrz likes this.
  43. OG_Jacob

OG_Jacob

Actually one more thing, I saw @PrimeDerektive made his own eyes and mouth with toon texture, is this a possibility? I would love to have hand-drawn faces like that.

Meshtint likes this.
  44. frbrz

frbrz

I strongly agree with Jacob because you can always change the textures provided or use the characters along with other meshes:

Specially this:

Wow! Children and elders would be amazing...

Meshtint and OG_Jacob like this.
  45. Meshtint

Meshtint

You mean you would like to create your own character's face? We can provide a overlaying mesh with an empty texture. From there, you can draw anything you like and it will appear on the character's face. How's that? I think it could be fun for you developers :)

OG_Jacob and frbrz like this.
  46. frbrz

frbrz

That sounds like a great idea!

Meshtint likes this.
  47. OG_Jacob

OG_Jacob

Thank you!!

Meshtint likes this.
  48. Rumbleboxer

Rumbleboxer

Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of you guys. I already have Little Heroes and and will probably get the rest when I save enough. My question is.. is there any chance you could include a something with 3-4 headed proportions for male and female to this series? I love the customization and the exaggerated limbs but I would also like to have some cute chibi-ish characters to go with it. Any chance of this happening? :oops:

49. Meshtint

Meshtint

Hi! Thank you for your purchase :)

Interesting suggestion. Will these chibi-ish characters be in the same game/scene with the rest of the SimP characters in the game? If yes, are they human too? Or different race? Will it be strange looking to have different human proportions in one game?

50. Meshtint

Meshtint

Face mask added in Verison 1.2 ! It will be available soon.