Search Unity

Character creator 3 anyone?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by rapidrunner, Nov 7, 2018.

1. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

I just saw the new Character Creator 3 from Realillusion (the folks that makes iclone I believe, not that familiar with that company); and it seems that now it is a standalone, that has a pipeline for Unity.

My curiosity is based mostly on how helpful can it be, compared to straight exports from DAZ studio. For years people have used DAZ studio to export characters, so I was wondering if this new app will make life easier at all, or if it is mostly another way to do what you already do with DAZ studio

2. Steken

Steken

It has potential, absolutely. I've been working with CC3 for a couple of weeks now, exporting from DAZ to CC3, and then importing into Unity. As always, there's no "it simply works!" way of doing things, but I'm getting closer as I learn. I've had a sort-of-working workflow for export from DAZ and import to Unity for a while now, but CC3 will probably make it simpler eventually, that's my guess.

3. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

I am interested in knowing more about your workflow. I do have plans to buy it; if it is actually make the life easier porting DAZ content over to Unity. In particular, the LOD and poly reduction part is a must, considering that all DAZ figures and clothes are too heavy for Unity, unless you decimate them.

Another positive I noticed is that you can port clothes from a figure to another; so you can mix and match all the DAZ clothes on any figure; which is quite a great thing from the perspective of reusability and flexibility.

So far I saw only few videos showing the workflow but nothing specific for Unity. I want to try the demo; but since the exports are capped to 10 I believe, I want to see first what others come up with, using Unity; so I can maximize the demo time.

If you have experience porting over DAZ figures with CC3; please feel free to post videos or tutorials; I am curious to see if it is worth 200 dollars; when DAZ is free :)