Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Controller & Tilemap Collider 2D

Discussion in 'Physics' started by rvenson, Jan 21, 2018.

1. rvenson

rvenson

Is there any issue about Tilemap do not work with Character Controller?

I have a character controller in a scene and tilemap collider 2D simply do not work. My character stills interacting normally with box or other colliders.

PS.: Kinematics body don't interact with Title colliders too

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. thaller99

thaller99

Same here, any news?

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Can you please be more specific. What is "Character Controller"; your own script or some third party script? What do you mean by "issue"?

Again, you need to be more specific on what you mean. I am assuming the TilemapCollider2D is static i.e. it's either not attached to a specific Rigidbody2D or attached to one set to be Kinematic/Static. Kinematic bodies never produce a collision response. Also, Kinematic bodies by default do not produce contacts. You can turn on contacts (but not collision response) by using this.

I think you need to describe your problem more accurately because TilemapCollider2D are no different than any other collider, the underlying physics system knows nothing of these component types. A TilemapCollider2D produces the same polygon primitives that the PolygonCollider2D does.