Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Character behave weird after setting up animation in Unity.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Suriname1990, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Suriname1990

Suriname1990

Hello there community. I would like some help please. I am very new to Unity and am taking some classes online that shows videos on how to game development. I am very short in the module and I am now learning the mecanim state machine. I have added a mesh colider to the level that was given to me by the instructor. I have added a box colider and a rigidbody to the character that was given to me and there was also a sphere with its normals reversed that surrounds the entire level and character. I followed the animation to added movement with the blend tree for the character, added a controller through the hierarchy of the controller slot for the character. I then added the character controller to the character. When I press play, the character drops correctly on the level but then when I hit the level ground, the character just rotates in all different directions and also moves very fast as is some sort of glitch is in a game. When I press the jump (space) button, the character jumps but is not moving of the ground and seems like he jumping right on the surface of the floor like the character is stuck in the ground. One more thing that I cant seem to figure is when I turn left or right, the characters size upscales a little bigger every time that I rotate, but when I walk back and forward, it is just fine. Can someone please help as too what this could be. My classes does not go in full depth on this.