Search Unity

Character animations broken in 2017.1

Discussion in 'Animation' started by hausmaus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. hausmaus

hausmaus

For a project I'm working on, I purchased the DEXSOFT Thief from the Asset Store, which was working as expected until I installed Unity 2017.1. Now, the character's center still moves in animations, but none of the skeletal transforms apply, so the T-pose just kind of bobbles around. This is true in the Inspector when selecting the animations included in the FBX, not just when used with a Controller/Avatar.

When reimporting the animations, I see a number of "Framerate of 0 or less is not allowed" messages pop up in the console.

Given that this FBX was working fine in the previous versions, I hope that this is just a bug with the new version's importer. Has anybody else run into this?

Thanks,
    Adrian

2. MadAboutPandas3

MadAboutPandas3

I have the same problem and message after upgrading from 5.4.1f1 to 5.6.3p4 and reimporting.
    Did you find a solution?

3. Steven-1

Steven-1

I have the same issue after updating a project from 5.4.1 to 5.6.1.
    In my case it''s a blend file with an animated character, it causes the armature-animation to be missing.

Is there no solution to this?

4. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

You know, to me it sounds like the problem I got when I tried to use the LOD Group component on separate fbx files, assuming they'd all follow the same animations at the parent. Doesnt work. You get the root motion of whatever child of the empty game object parent has an animation controller component, but otherwise stuff sits in the T-pose. Of course I doubt thats exactly whats happening to you, but it does make me think that there is some kind of hierarchy issue going on.