Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Char that displayed fine stops working after a minute of game running. requires rebuild to fix

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Botaurus, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Botaurus

Botaurus

I'm in Unity 2021.3.1f1
    using font NotoSansSC font to display Chinese characters. The font displays fine when I first create the TMP_Font Asset. After a minute or so of the game running in the editor, some characters that displayed fine before stop displaying

I get the following warning:
    The character with Unicode value \u5B66 was not found in the [NotoSansSC-Regular SDF 2] font asset or any potential fallbacks. It was replaced by Unicode character \u25A1 in text object [Text (TMP)].
    after about a minute of the game running in the editor

if I delete 'Library' or recreate the TMP_Font Asset using right click Create>TextMeshPro>Font Asset, it starts working again

any idea what would cause this issue? Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  2. Botaurus

Botaurus

ok its a dynamic population mode issue. I changed Generation Settings in the font asset. Set atlas width/height to 4k and checked "multiple atlas" solved the issue. Sorry, new to text mesh pro :)