Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Char that displayed fine stops working after a minute of game running. requires rebuild to fix

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Botaurus, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Botaurus

Botaurus

I'm in Unity 2021.3.1f1
    using font NotoSansSC font to display Chinese characters. The font displays fine when I first create the TMP_Font Asset. After a minute or so of the game running in the editor, some characters that displayed fine before stop displaying

I get the following warning:
    The character with Unicode value \u5B66 was not found in the [NotoSansSC-Regular SDF 2] font asset or any potential fallbacks. It was replaced by Unicode character \u25A1 in text object [Text (TMP)].
    after about a minute of the game running in the editor

if I delete 'Library' or recreate the TMP_Font Asset using right click Create>TextMeshPro>Font Asset, it starts working again

any idea what would cause this issue? Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  2. Botaurus

Botaurus

ok its a dynamic population mode issue. I changed Generation Settings in the font asset. Set atlas width/height to 4k and checked "multiple atlas" solved the issue. Sorry, new to text mesh pro :)