Search Unity

"ChannelBuffer buffer limit of 16 packets reached."

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by PhoenixAdvanced, Jan 7, 2021.

1. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi,

I am making a game with simple multiplayer features, and when connecting more than one client I sometimes see the above error.

I am guessing that this is due to sending data too quickly to the client (It occurs from within a loop), however, I have read that it is possible to increase this limit.

How is this done?

I am creating my server like this:

NetworkServer.Listen(port);

ChannelBuffer and Networkconnection seem to be "disposable", any changes I make there seem to be overwritten, and I can't seem to find any way to configure network options, unless I am completely missing something?

I have tried changing the networkmanager gameobject to "64" under "max buffered packets" but it still shows as 16.

Thanks!

2. luke-unity

luke-unity

You cannot write to the property values of a NetworkConnection directly. What you can do is use the SetChannelOption function to change the maximum buffer size of a channel. For instance this increases the buffer size to 64 for the given connection on channel 0:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. networkConnection.SetChannelOption(0, ChannelOption.MaxPendingBuffers, 64);

3. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Thank you, that seems to work!

I am still gettting the error though, so I'm guessing the issue is with my core logic.