Search Unity

Changing view from first-person to 3rd person

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by tankzeueu, Jan 5, 2020.

1. tankzeueu

tankzeueu

Hello, I have this unity 3d project located here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/16T...SdyVvxkt8f4oM28xtvM0YnK0rayeupkThs5r71qlS0Cj4 . Currently it is first person in play mode , and on top left , in the hierarchy it is set by CustomFPSController -> FirstPersonCharacter.My question is how can I change it with 3rd person model and view, I see in the Assets->StandartAssets->Characters there is FirstPersonCharacter which is currently used and also a folder ThirdPersonCharacter.I want the game to use ThirdPersonCharacter.My question is what should I change or set or add, so that the game runs in play mode from the perspective of that ThirdPerseonCharacter?

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Didn't have the time to look at your project but your questions seems clear.

Just swap out the first person controller and replace with the third person controller. Keep in mind that a first person controller may not have any body parts or just arms, some have a complete body. Animations may not exist or be different for each. And the controlling scripts of each may not be easily adaptable to each other.

In it's simplest form, the difference between first and third person views is just camera position.