Search Unity

Changing Unity default background colour.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Digital Shock, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Digital Shock

Digital Shock

Hi there,

Been trying to search online on how to change unity default background colour from blue to black. i don't want to do a skybox, just want straight colour to change. can anyone help me?

RPLaine likes this.
  2. Jack Thomas

Jack Thomas

Its not Unity's background colour, just the default colour your camera sees when no objects are being rendered. Go to your scenes camera and change the background colour picker in the inspector. You can also change clear flags too 'Solid Color', or use a skybox material using the same texture.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. Wordsonplay

Wordsonplay

I agree. The first thing I do on creating a new scene is to change the camera background to black. That sky blue really irritates me. If you find a solution to this, please share it!

ElnuDev likes this.
  4. RTSeegrist

RTSeegrist

Edit Menu > Preferences... > Colors > Change the background color under the Scene heading.

This changes the background of the #Scene editor. Click on Main Camera in the Hierarchy to change the background color for when you press Play.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  5. kodagames

kodagames

In Unity 5.1.2.1f on a mac I goto Unity>Preferences>Colors then under scene I changed the background color but in the scene view there is still the skybox looking view (or background). Is there a another way to change this? (Its pretty horrible looking...)

The game scene is simple Clear Flags: Solid Color.

ArnSweatman, mendi80 and Soluble_Fish like this.
  6. behzadha

behzadha

This is what I know but on Windows. Maybe helps you too!
    Two things need to do:
    1- On the scene panel uncheck the Skybox
    2- Click on the camera then in the Inspector, change the clear flag to Solid color

a1.jpg a2.jpg

7. LordRyuga

LordRyuga

THANKS A LOT, This helped me a lot. I wanted red text but the background made it really irritating. THANKS

8. Rox2307

Rox2307

thanks