Search Unity

Changing the display name of my game.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Sir-Magic, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Sir-Magic

Sir-Magic

Hi,

I have exported my project to Xcode. The build runs fine on my phone but the name of the app is "Circles". I went into Xcode and changed the display name to "Comet" yet it still builds and runs on my iPhone as "Circles", despite it being rebuilt. I went into unity and changed the "Product Name" field to "Comet" and rebuilt, yet I still face the same issue. This should be easy to fix but it seems that Xcode can't override the display name.

Any ideas?

2. Sir-Magic

Sir-Magic

So I've figured out a solution. After installing the game onto another iOS device, I realized that the game was called the intended name of "Comet". Therefore, I believe that the reason I was experiencing issues was due to the fact that my device had already had a previous version of the game called "Circles".

3. Moonjump

Moonjump

I always delete any existing versions from a device before installing a new one, especially when debugging. You cannot be certain what has not been updated otherwise.

4. Sir-Magic

Sir-Magic

Yeah, it's strange though, because I'd already uninstalled all versions with the same bundle identifier.