Search Unity

Question Changing sprite during skeleton animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Cicide, May 29, 2023.

1. Cicide

Cicide

Hey there!

I'm a total newbie with skeletal animation. My task is to make a skeleton animation for walking, but the issue is that the character is portrayed in 3/4 perspective and the walk looks super silly. I figured I'd need to swap the leg sprite DURING the animation, as in: when the character is stepping forward, the leg shape changes when the leg is pointed forward. Then when the step has been taken and another leg is stepping, the "original" sprite changes back to the leg in question.

I have however no idea how to swap the sprite in the middle of the animation. Do I need to code it somehow? Hide and show them? Does the sprite resolver work for this or no? :confused: I've been trying to google a lot of help but I feel like everything I've found about changing sprites is about changing the whole sprite by clicking buttons as in "custom your character".

upload_2023-5-29_10-53-0.png
    I made this high-art image to visualize what I mean :D

2. alicja121

alicja121

3. Cicide

Cicide

Hey alicja121! This helped very little, but thank you nonetheless!
    Issue still stands.

4. Cicide

Cicide

Any other ideas? I'm still so unsure on what to do :/ I got some tips that maybe I could try to code the sprites to change durin AnimationTime but I'm so uncertain on how to actually do that.