Search Unity

Changing phone number for two factor authentication

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by stefmen, Mar 12, 2018.

1. stefmen

stefmen

As to topic reads i want to change the phone number for two factor authentication since i moved to an other country and i don't longer have to other one.
    Problem is if you want to change the number they send a code to your old one.
    Is there anything i can do now?

Deleted User likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm having the same problem and can seam to find the true answer.

zxcvb7653 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is really crazy that we get locked out of the accounts with this system without any way to get back in.

I had dual authentication auto enabled in my account (it is a bug obviously on Unity side, i never enabled it myself and was getting in normally for years now) and i cannot enter as well.

I would suggest have an online line to support this kind of situations and a simple recovery mode though the registered email to get it done quickly. It is very bad to not be able to get in the account until the matter is resolved through Unity support, which can take a big number of days or weeks even.

Please do not create dual factor authentication scheme if it is not ready for use and easy to recover from for users that may have lost - changed their phones.

And above all check for bugs like in my case, i got in my account normally for years and suddenly without any change from my side i cannot enter because the dual authentication was wrongfully enabled and not by me for sure.

Somehow the forum works though.

4. pr0t3ct

pr0t3ct

Exact same issue here, is anyone on this? It's complete blocker for me right now

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Send to the support asap, they came back to me and solved it afterwards.

6. Carterryan1990

Carterryan1990

yeah im stuck too, i wrote a support ticket lol:rolleyes:

7. Carterryan1990

Carterryan1990

what was the resolution?

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

They reset the setting to not use the dual authentication and i could then get in the account

9. Carterryan1990

Carterryan1990

oh ok, Im still waiting on a response. Thanks for the info!

nasos_333 likes this.
  10. zt3ff3n

zt3ff3n

Same issue here, and still nothing but an auto-resonse on support@unity after four days of waiting. Can

11. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey All,

Sorry about the 2FA issues. The Connect team uses the 2FA system that is used to protect your UnityID so that we can provide a more secure and less spammy community. If people don't remember their 2FA they setup on their UnityID this can create problems and in some cases the system has trouble sending you verification codes (especially in some countries).

If you just want to change the 2FA # at id.unity.com under Settings > Account Security. If that doesn't work or help, please contact support@unity3d.com.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

The problem is that the feature was auto enabled and was done after years of being disabled, thus first i did not remember the used phone and second when i did find it did not get the code, so the system is not working (as mentioned, for some countries).

The support team does solve the issue, but took many days to do so and being locked out of the account is an issue if there is critical need to be in (thankfully i had no such need in my case)

So first thing would be to not allow the system to be auto enabled, this is clearly a bug and not an intended functionality.

13. 5argon

5argon

Hello, I am currently also being locked out due to 2FA, and I have been logging in without 2FA for long until now.

The problem is why the system turn on 2FA automatically and also which phone number the system used for this because I am not receiving the authentication message on my only phone. I remembered inputting the correct phone number also because that was required for the purchase. Filed a support ticket but it has been so many days that I can't use Asset Store because of this.

14. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey All,

This seems to be a growing problem for all of you. I will get on a phone with support and the team who manages the 2FA system. I will try to get this addressed ASAP!

In the mean time please continue to contact support.
    It might take a while for them to help you, and I apologize for that, but it's the best place to collect the issues and forward them to team that will fix this issue.

Let me try to understand the issue and please correct me if I'm wrong:
    • When you LOGIN to Connect (using the Unity ID login) you are being prompted to use your 2FA to login. This is happening (to 5argon) as well on the Asset Store
    • You are not receiving your codes from our 2FA system
    • You cannot login

5argon likes this.
  15. markp-unity

markp-unity

I was told by support that the problem should be solved. Please continue to reach out to support (support@unity3d.com) if they continue!

16. jpmarqu

jpmarqu

I started having this problem today so it doesn't appear to be solved. I never activated 2FA and today when I tried to login it was requested the code and it was sent to a number I don't use anymore. Sent an email to support, hope you can reset the account fast.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

For me was not related to Connect, it was happening in the publisher account as well.

18. armani03k

armani03k

I had a similar problem as well and did a bit of things and this one somehow worked

inside unity (where you have your account logged in), try opening a project with analytics on

inside services, open dashboard and it should open your browser with all the projects on

now click the icon next to "all" and choose account

voila, you are inside unity ID

now, here's my problem

whenever I want to disable 2FA, it goes back to that verification code

If I wanted to add my new number, it says it will send a generated code to my old number

lastly, I tried clicking recovery codes, you've guessed it, it goes back to that verification code

I am really out of options here and will just send to support@unity3d.com regarding the issue and turn off the 2FA into their system

Attached Files:

19. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

Similar issue to @jpmarqu here.
    Never enabled 2 factor auth and never saw a window asking for a code before today.

All of sudden it's asking for a code on a phone number I had years ago.
    I can still log-in with google, so there's that at least.

Just contacted support earlier today.
    Did you manage to solve it in your case, @jpmarqu ?

20. arzi42

arzi42

Also having trouble logging in since I don't have access to my old number anymore. There's an option to input a 'recovery code' but no information where to find one?

21. nepoez

nepoez

yeah I never even activated 2-factor auth, and now I'm locked out....

22. ManjitSBedi

ManjitSBedi

I cannot access my account & it is the correct mobile phone number. I am not receiving any text messages.

Does it matter if there is a "+1" at the start of the phone number. I cannot edit the number either as I cannot log in to make changes with the code that I never received.

23. ManjitSBedi

ManjitSBedi

Ok, I made a mistake; I am able to get the codes now but I have switched to using the Google Authentication app for mobile.

24. vietlab

vietlab

Do anyone know anyway to contact Unity for help on this login problem?
    It's been like this for half a year or so, can not login, can not activate, can not do anything without login first

25. AdmRuss

AdmRuss

Oh, I had the same situation, I didn't know what to do. I wrote about this on many forums, and they still couldn't help me until I once googled and came across this site verifywithsms.com . Now I can register accounts on sites that need a phone number. I just work in different areas and do not want the site to see my phone number, so this service helps me a lot. And the sites do not know my location, but now I sit on the sites I want, and even if I move to another country, I will not have any problems with it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  26. ashgeeky1

ashgeeky1

Bypass OTP Verification: Not every time we do find the One Time Password verification interesting and as a result look for ways through which you can somehow bypass OTP Verification procedure. But let me tell you, you CANNOT bypass OTP Verification, instead, you can bypass OTP Verification without making use of your phone. Nothing to worry as we have mentioned away in this article by which you can use a fake phone number to bypass OTP Verification. https://www.androidjungles.com/bypass-otp-verification-on-any-app-website/

unityunity