Search Unity

Question Changing locale with remote addressables

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by BoopShadoop, Jan 31, 2023.

1. BoopShadoop

BoopShadoop

Hello,

We are using remote addressables for the localization.
    As far as I understand, only the currently used locale tables are downloaded.

So I have 2 questions:
    1. Is the locale downloaded when setting LocalizationSettings.SelectedLocale?
    2. When a player changes the locale from the game settings, I would like to show a loading wheel while the locale tables are being downloaded and set, how can I know when the operation is complete? Or if an error has occurred when trying to download the locale tables? I tried using LocalizationSettings.SelectedLocaleAsync but it seems to return immediately.

Thank you!

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

1) The table will be downloaded during the selected locale if it's marked as preload, otherwise it will be downloaded when it's first requested.
    2 ) Try using LocalizationSettings.InitializationOperation to see the status.

BoopShadoop likes this.
  3. BoopShadoop

BoopShadoop

Awesome! It seems to be working now, thank you :)
    Regarding the preloading, is there a way to download the table without necessarily loading it into the memory?

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

BoopShadoop likes this.
  5. BoopShadoop

BoopShadoop

Unfortunately it seems that LocalizationSettings.InitializationOperation still completes with status
    Succeeded when I disconnect the network, so when the table fails to download - it doesn't indicate it. Is there a way to know if it failed?

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

BoopShadoop likes this.