Search Unity

Changing "Lighting Data Asset" at runtime?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by bromske, Jan 27, 2016.

1. bromske

bromske

Hello,

is there a way to change the "Lighting Data Asset" after or before a scene is loaded?

I have several baked lightmaps, but only switching the lightmaps dosn't work.
    It works only, when i use the right Lighting Data Asset.

thx for help

2. hacaro76

hacaro76

I'm interested too anyone can help us ?
    Thanks in advance

3. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

me too need help

4. bromske

bromske

Is there really no way to use different lightmaps for a scene where some static objects are different :( (in Unity5)
    Do I really need to create different scenes for all little changes in one scene?
    You can't be serious :(

This is a bis step backwards from U4 to U5 :(

5. rickchow

rickchow

I need help too!Still no solution?

6. xandelee

xandelee

Lightmapping.lightingDataAsset = Resources.Load ("Map 1 - Sun/LightingData", typeof(LightingDataAsset)) as LightingDataAsset;

Funny think is that this line work in the editor but when building for android it gives me
    The name 'LightingDataAsset' does not denote a valid type ('not found'). Did you mean 'UnityEngine.LocationServiceStatus'?

So you still can't change the lightingDataAsset via script?

7. methos5k

methos5k

8. amcakebread

amcakebread

any chance of ever getting this mess sorted out? I have one scene and various rooms that I want to apply lighting to when I switch between them. Why on earth would anyone think that being restricted to one light map per scene is remotely sensible, and why make it close to impossible to manually swap light maps? This has become a real problem on my project so any short term suggestion for a fix would be appreciated

9. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello Is there actual way to change Lightnig Data Asset for scene on runtime? I'm using realtime GI precomputed only and I need possiblity to change lightning data asset in runtime not only by drag and drop in editor

10. canyon_gyh

canyon_gyh

Have you solved this problem?(Changing "Lighting Data Asset" at runtime?)

11. TheZombieKiller

TheZombieKiller

The lighting data asset is effectively just a collection of data that gets assigned to renderers when the scene loads (refer to https://github.com/NewBloodInteractive/com.newblood.lightdata for information on its structure). There's nothing preventing you from storing that data somewhere at runtime and recreating that functionality.

After you assign new values to LightmapSettings.lightmaps and LightmapSettings.lightmapsMode, you then just need to iterate over all of your lightmapped renderers and assign the appropriate lightmapIndex and lightmapScaleOffset values (which is exactly what Unity does when it loads the lighting data asset).

12. canyon_gyh

canyon_gyh

How do you use C# to reback the Probes Light Data (likes LightProbesGroup) and restore these Probes ? Dynamic object need these lights(But real lights),Unity2019.3 or New

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  13. TheZombieKiller

TheZombieKiller

14. canyon_gyh

canyon_gyh

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  15. y-iwanaga

y-iwanaga

Does it mean that in Unity today, it is not possible to set all light environments by loading and applying template scene assets and light-related data created in another scene?

16. nice2000

nice2000

17. soumyadeep-ch

soumyadeep-ch

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    DBarlok likes this.