Search Unity

Changing Font in MonoDevelop 4.0

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by JVaughan, Jan 25, 2014.

1. JVaughan

JVaughan

I found the fonts in Tools>Options>Fonts, but for the source editor I'm limited to "Default" and "Source Code Pro 10". How do I add another font? There is "edit" functionality, but that doesn't seem to actually do much.

2. jgodfrey

jgodfrey

Yeah, the font selection interface seems odd to me (though, I don't use MonoDevelop). To change the font:

- Change the selection in the combo box to "Edit..."
    - Click somewhere in a blank area of the dialog

That should open a standard "Select Font" dialog and let you select anything you want. Once selected, the new font will appear with the "Default" and "Edit..." items in the combo box.

Jeff

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  3. JVaughan

JVaughan

Thanks J,

After fidgeting with it I got it work, it's *NOT* in any way intuitive. Hopefully your instructions will help everyone that comes after. Also, a word to the wise, I couldn't get any version of Inconsolata to work in IDE, but I have Consolas so that renders well, looks great at 11 points to my old eyes. Consolas, Droid Mono and Source Code Pro all render well, as does Courier, so whatever your preference you should have something good to look at.

-Josh

4. RobotD

RobotD

Anyone know how to change the line-height of the fonts in the IDE? I can't believe it's not a standard option in the Preferences > Environments > Fonts dialog. (I'm on Mac OS X.)

5. theMountinman

theMountinman

Amend "Click somewhere in a blank area of the dialog" to "Click on the 'Text Editor' Name". I had to click the that text to get a font selector dialog to appear. I couldn't just click in a blank area of the Fonts dialog.