Search Unity

Changing Company Name and Save Location

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by domdev, Sep 12, 2019.

1. domdev

domdev

will my data lost if I change the company name? I have an app live in store and I want to update and change the company name

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You'll probably want to publish with a new package name like com.YourCompany.YourGame too, right?

3. domdev

domdev

no I just want to just the company name.. will users that will update the app from store will lost there files? I just want to make it sure before changing company name.. cause in editor the save files changes when I change the company name but not sure what will happen in the device android

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I meant if you change your company name, you will need to change your package name too. You will need to create a new release.

5. domdev

domdev

ah.. okay thank you for reply

6. domdev

domdev

hello its me again.. what if have an app live in store and I made a typo in that company name.. and I want to change? is users will lost there save file once they update?

7. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Well, it depends on how you save your data. Do you use Application.persistenDataPath to store a save game? Then, this save game will contain the company name and product name from the project settings as part of the file path. But then again, you handle this yourself, so you can write a save game updater in your new game version. From that point on, your code always needs to look in the old save path and upgrade/move the save to the new location, etc.