Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Changing camera culling and custom pass volume layer mask crashes project on startup

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by bebros2, Nov 17, 2022.

1. bebros2

bebros2

I was trying to make an object render on top of everything without using a dual camera or shader and I found a devblog on a website going over their method. https://www.intetic.com/blogs/unity-hdrp-render-object-on-top-of-everything/ Now after changing the camera culling mask to not include my custom layer and in a Custom pass volume (DrawRenderersCustomPass) changing the layer mask to include my custom layer it crashes the project. Now every time I boot up the project it crashes and I'm making the mistake of no version control so I can't revert or anything. Is there any way out of this infinite crashing or do I have to start a new project? Also, if I do get it working again any pointers on having an object render on top of everything?

Attached Files:

2. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

since it is stored in the scene, you should be able to open up your project after deleting the Library/LastSceneManagerSetup.txt file.

3. bebros2

bebros2

Sadly, this didn't work. But I was able to revert the project to an older unity version and then I fixed the problem and brought it back to the original version.