Search Unity

Changing AR Content Remotely on Demand

Discussion in 'AR' started by gmead, May 8, 2020.

1. gmead

gmead

Good afternoon folks,

Is it possible to change a 3D object in a scene in an AR Foundation based app remotely? The scenario would be that multiple people have the app installed on their iOS/Android devices, but we would like to use a master account (could be a web interface, another mobile device PC, laptop, etc.) to control what AR experience the users are seeing. So for example, we might have 4 different AR experiences in the app (likely downloaded from the web at run time), and when the user runs the app the first experience is shown when a marker is detected. Then, the host/master account can switch all users to the second experience at the same time when the time is right. What we are trying to do is create a group experience in which all users are presented the same content at the same time and we can switch that content simultaneously as needed. I hope the above makes sense, please ask for clarification if needed. Any idea how I might go about doing this?

Glen

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

With some networking it should work.
    I have done similar stuff on a local level with multible Ipads synchronized to one master / moderator device.
    If your Networking works without AR it will work with AR.