Search Unity

Bug Changing anything in scripts can cause Unity to reimport everything (takes 1+ hours)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DTECTOR, Mar 16, 2023.

1. DTECTOR

DTECTOR

At least once a day now, when I am making changes to the scripts, the whole project starts reimporting and all the Unity types are now missing and I have 7 trillion errors throughout the project until it finally reimports the whole thing. It usually fails mid way, then I have to delete library and then wait for it to import everything again, takes over an hour of my day just sitting there waiting for it. Is there a way to stop Unity from doing this?

It can be something as small as renaming a variable, or adding a variable to a script, or even removing a single line of code from a script. Just suddenly every file is red with errors everywhere, the ide does not recognize any Unity API types/namespaces and Unity won't let me do anything and begins reimporting whole project, every asset in the project.

Seems like the type/namespace that's usually a problem is TMPro. Suddenly not recognized anywhere.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 9.01.47 PM.png
    In the assemblies if I am not mistaken, it says these 3 were removed, I don't understand why or how that happens when you add or remove a few characters from a script?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023