Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're excited to be bringing you the newest Unity features, news, demos, and we've even got some special guests from some of the industry’s most storied franchises. Set a reminder to tune in on YouTube here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes on one git branch triggers builds for all branches.

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by GarthSmith, Jan 7, 2019.

1. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Hello!

For about a week now, changes to our develop branch will trigger builds for our master and release branches.

Here is a Slack announcement that a build was "Started By [Detected Changes]".

upload_2019-1-7_12-25-26.png

Yet when I go to check the changes in the Unity Cloud Build history, there are no changes to be found.

upload_2019-1-7_12-25-56.png

We've only made changes to our develop branch. Not to any release branch.

This leads to a lot of unnecessary builds, and delays while queued builds wait for these unnecessary builds to finish.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing Unity would see a huge spike in queued cloud builds if this is happening for everyone.

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @Garth-Smith,

Thank you for reporting this, I agree this is concerning.

I have been unable to reproduce this behaviour with a Github authenticated project or a self hosted SSH Key authenticated Git repository. Perhaps there is something specific to your setup that I am missing.

So that we can investigate further and review your particular configuration, can you please log a support ticket via the Cloud Build section of the Developer Dashboard?

3. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    ollieblanks likes this.