Search Unity

Question Change UDP Settings in Unity Editor

Discussion in 'Unity Distribution Portal (UDP)' started by scorp2007, Sep 30, 2020.

1. scorp2007

scorp2007

After importing the UDP, I accidentally generated a new client. How can I now bind an existing one? I tried deleting the settings, tried removing the package and importing the curtain, nothing helps, it shows the parameters that it generated the first time ...

2. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

Can you check if you have linked to the correct project? If not, please unlink and relink the project and try sync the UDP profile settings again.

Editor_Relink.png

h0gart likes this.
  3. scorp2007

scorp2007

I don't quite understand, in the UDP panel, I clicked "create a new game" and filled in all the fields there. Can I now associate this profile with the game in the unit editor?
    I do not think that your advice above will help me, because in UDP I clicked (create a new game) and there is no connection there, on the contrary, I now need to bind the game from the editor to it. But I accidentally clicked "create a new client" and now I cannot link the project to another UDP project?
    In general, this is done in a very confusing way and clearly not thought out.

4. h0gart

h0gart

Just unlink the project and it will reset the UDP settings. When you link again, it will create a new Unity Project Id. This will invalidate the projects you had setup previously. Use the Unity Services window to recreate the projects again, including the one for UDP. It took me about 5 minutes so its not too bad and it will fix your problem.

5. scorp2007

scorp2007

Could you tell us in more detail what order of action do you mean when you say "unlink project"?

6. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

You can follow the below steps to unlink a project:
    Open a project with Unity editor -> Go to the Services Window -> Settings -> Unlink project.

scorp2007 likes this.
  7. fightzuzak_unity

fightzuzak_unity

I have same problem of this situation. Does it work or is there another way to solving it?

8. LOKIIStudios

LOKIIStudios

Just archive the app on UDP console then delete it. This will reset the UDP setting in Unity Editor.

9. averin

averin

Hello. I have a project with analytics, diagnostics, and much more. I didn't want to reset my Unity project ID. But the UDP settings load the configuration removed in the Unity distribution portal. How can I fix this?

I tried to delete the settings file, but it loads the settings again and again that are not in the portal. When I try to push returns an error:

[UDP] update all content failed: update game title failed: [ItemSyntaxError] [InvalidParameter] Occupied by another item (clientId)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  10. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

@averin I am assume you want to create a new project in UDP Console and use it for the existing project right? You might want to remove the Unity Project ID from your old UDP project and insert it to the new one in UDP Console. After that it should be able to sync it to the correct project.

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 12.17.11 AM.png

11. dmitry_vasiliev

dmitry_vasiliev

@averin did it help you?

12. dmitry_vasiliev

dmitry_vasiliev

It didn't help me.
    Right now I have a single project in UDP Console with the same Unity Project ID as linked in the Unity Editor project. But UDP Console project and Unity Editor have different Client IDs. Tried push/pull in UDP Settings window in Unity Editor - didn't help.
    How can I link them without creating new Unity Project ID? Or can I create new UDP project with the right Client ID?

13. dmitry_vasiliev

dmitry_vasiliev

Found the solution for my problem. Just link Client ID from removed or non-existing UDP project to temporary Unity Project, and that will unlink this Client ID from your main Unity Project.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    Unity-Boon likes this.
  14. ngfilms

ngfilms

c
    Thank you , that works to reset UDP so you can link your project from unity portal ID