Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Change texture resolution at runtime, things go dark.

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by J_P_, Nov 13, 2015.

1. J_P_

J_P_

Don't have time to figure out exactly what's going on or submit a proper bug report, but it's as if it changes my materials to set the color to black or something when I change texture resolution via QualitySettings.masterTextureLimit. Reverting it to previous settings doesn't fix it -- change texture res at runtime, it breaks.

There also seems to be some issues with vsync (at least on OSX) -- especially when I was using rendertexture to blit multiple cameras to screen, vsync enabled, had awful screen tearing and framerate seemed poor. Not an issue in 5.2.2f1.

Also, when using the rendertextures I have weird artifacts with the UI in the editor but it seems fine in builds (at least on OSX). That happens in 5.2.2f1 as well, though (but not 4.6).

I don't mean to be rude, but are beta releases usually this buggy? Was glad to see rendertextures capture world canvases now, but these new bugs prevent me from using it so for now I'm still stuck on 5.2.1f and need to find a workaround for the canvas thing.