Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Change texture properties in play mode

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by liiir1985, Jul 15, 2019.

1. liiir1985

liiir1985

Hi, we just upgraded our project to Unity2019.2(from Unity2018) and now we encountered a problem that doesn't exist in Unity2018, and I don't know if it's a problem introduced in 2019.2. I did some searching and didn't find anything relevant to this issue

The problem is, that we can't change Texture import properties in play mode anymore, like Max resolution, filter type etc. We have to stop play mode in order to make the change and enter play mode again to verify the runtime visual. This is giving us a lot of pain, and I really don't understand why unity made this change, is there any reason for removing such a good feature which existed since the begining?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue? If possible, with a minimal reproduction project.

3. liiir1985

liiir1985

But I don't think this is a bug, because if you are in play mode, you are not able to change anything in texture's property, it will tell you ForceSerializeAssets cannot be used in play mode, even in empty project

Can you confirm that this is a bug? I'll submit a bug report if it is one

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I guess in order to confirm if it's an issue, you have to submit that report. QA will then investigate the case to see if it's a bug or changed by design.

5. liiir1985

liiir1985

All right... I submited a bug report, and here is case id:Case 1169942

Peter77 and LeonhardP like this.
  6. DeliaF_Manea

DeliaF_Manea

Unity Technologies

Peter77 likes this.