Search Unity

Question change players in an exist game

Discussion in 'Animation' started by wernergast, Feb 17, 2023.

1. wernergast

wernergast

Hi,

I have a little experiance with unity 2d development and I want to buy a ready to publish 3d soccer game template. I only want to change the players (other body and head). Is there a tutorial how to change it? Or can someone advice me the best way to do that?

2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

It really depends on how the characters are being animated. If they have separate body parts that are being moved around, then it's as simple as replacing the sprites in the SpriteRenderer components on the body and head objects. If you link me to what template you're looking at, I can give you a more informed answer.

Edit: Misread question, this won't work with 3D models 99% of the time.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  3. wernergast

wernergast

I want to buy this template, i think it has separate body parts. But i'm not sure.

https://codecanyon.net/item/neo-soccer-unity-complete-project/39706964

4. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Sorry, I misread the question and replied as if it were a 2D game. It's pretty rare that different parts of 3D models can be easily swapped out like I wrote earlier. It's definitely possible to swap out the models, but how difficult that is will depend on a few things.

Here's a video that may help get you started:

wernergast likes this.
  5. wernergast

wernergast

Thanks for your help. So it is not possible to reuse the soccer shirts. Can i export the character and change the hair? Is there a free program and is that possible without experiance.

6. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

3D modeling always requires at least a bit of knowledge. Exporting and re-importing the character models will likely come with certain complications, but if you want to learn how to do that, your best bet is Blender. Just look up some Blender tutorials on youtube to get you started.

If you just want to change the colors, that should be much easier. You just need to find where the textures are in the template project, open the files in any image editing software and change the colors to whatever you like.

It's very likely that textures are being used, but just in case they're using purely materials without texutes, just find the materials and change the color in the inspector.

wernergast likes this.
  7. wernergast

wernergast

I try blender, thanks for your advice :)

Unrighteouss likes this.