Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Change order of materials on probuilder mesh

Discussion in 'World Building' started by CausticLasagne, Dec 19, 2018.

1. CausticLasagne

CausticLasagne

Hi guys. I've been working with probuilder to make some basic shapes and the order of materials is critical to my game design for my dynamic walls and material assigners to work correctly. I find that probuilder, is changing the order of the materials assigned to the model.
    From my own tests, they seem to be ordered by face with the order the materials were added or their file names don't matter.
    Can someone show me how to fix the material order? Thanks.

Here I have the model in probuilder. I've also exported it as FBX and it behaves the same way. I would like the materials to stay the way I have them assigned, A - D in order.
    c.png

Could on demand remap help?
    b.png

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

With the current version (3.0.9 as of writing) this can't be fixed due to the way ProBuilder generates it's mesh data. However, this was refactored for the next major update (4.0.0) and you will be able to re-assign materials as needed.

3. CausticLasagne

CausticLasagne

Okay cool. So when does this update come out or is there a web page I can tune in to? Thanks.

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

CausticLasagne likes this.
  5. coding_crow

coding_crow

Hey there! I know it's years later but I feel the question is still relevant and unanswered. Could you please give an update?