Search Unity

Change game variables over the internet with little to no configuration - any interest?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Would you use this service?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2015.
  1. Yes, and I would pay for it

50.0%
  2. Yes, but only for free

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm already using a similar service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not interested at all

50.0%
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have a system that lets you change variables of the game over the internet.

This means that if you deploy an iOS game for example, and later find out that a certain enemy is just too strong and a lot of players get stuck there, you can simply change that enemy's damage on my web service and within 10 minutes every user will play against the weakened enemy. Or if you want to make a certain in-game item cheaper, you can override its price and description to indicate it's on sale.

Now of course there are a few systems like this out there, but the beauty of mine is the simplicity of how it integrates with Unity. It can be made so that you need zero or very little changes to your code and project to work with this system.

So I'm planning on turning this into an actual public service. You would have the server side which is a paid service (low fee with a certain amount of free requests, free beta period, etc.), and the client side which is a free, open-source Unity package (and perhaps other engines would get support later).

Please note that this is NOT an analytics solution, it is simply a way of modifying variables in a traditionally offline game. Later however the system could be changed to handle timed events, A/B testing and even provide analytics solutions or integrate with other analytics providers.

Is anyone interested in something like this? How much do you think a fair price would be, per user or per session? Is anyone here aware of a similar system already out there?