Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Change from Mac standalone to iOS then UI does not respond

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by alxcancado, Jan 25, 2018.

1. alxcancado

alxcancado

UI works well in mac standalone platform. Change to iOS or Android platform and UI objects no more responds.
    (I filled a report already)

To reproduce

a. Create a new project (mac, standalone). 2D, display 9:16.

b. add some buttons and input box.

c. go to canvas game object, in canvas script, change render mode to "Screen Space - Camera". Drag the Camera object there.

d. still in canvas go, in "Canvas Scaler" script, in "UI Scale Mode" change to "Scale with Screen Size". In "Screen Match Mode" change to "Match Width Or Height" and in "Match" put the value "0.5"

e. If you play and try to click buttons or input box, everything goes nice. Now the problem:

f. go to build settings and change platform to iOS. Press play and the UI objects no more work. I have a feeling that their "positioning" in this screen mode is the problem. If I change the Canvas object render mode to "Screen Space - Overlay", UI objects respond normally, so I guess the problem is with "Screen Space - Camera" render mode.

If I m missing anything, please point me the direction.
    [Edit] It works normally in 2017.3.0f3

Thanks,

Alex.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Alex,
    Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project for this issue and reply in here with the case#? You can find more information about bug reporting here.

3. alxcancado

alxcancado

Hi LeonhardP,

I did already.

Thank you.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

If you post the case # here, we can follow up on it faster.

5. alxcancado

alxcancado

Bug as reported in (Case 992830) UI do not respond when change platform to iOS If I go back to 2017.1 version it is sorted; I I try 2018.1 then UI it's not responding accordingly.

I did a video too:

I'm starting a new 2d project in mac standalone, just created a button and clicked - works. Then I changed to iOS platform, played and then the button does not work anymore. Back to Mac standalone, works, changed to Android, does not work too.

It's not in a good quality but I hope it can help.

Thanks

LeonhardP and Peter77 like this.