Search Unity

Change editor font and font color

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Raptcha911, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Raptcha911

Raptcha911

Hey, I'm making a plugin for untiy for which I need to change the editor font and the color of the font to match the plugin theme.
    How do I change the color & font of the text which are highlighted in this image?

This is my code for each of them respectively -

1 & 2-
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  batch.eventTransition.transitionType = (TransitionEvent.TransitionType)EditorGUILayout.EnumPopup("Transition Type", batch.eventTransition.transitionType);
    3-
    Code (CSharp):
    1.   GUI.Label(contentRect, new GUIContent(content.contentName, textureOnButton), newStyle);
    And the GUIStyle parameter called newStyle is setup like this -
    Code (CSharp):
    1.                         newStyle = new GUIStyle(EditorStyles.toolbarTextField);
    2.                         newStyle.fixedHeight = 30f;
    3.                         newStyle.alignment = TextAnchor.MiddleLeft;
    I have a font file in my resources folder. I just dont know how to apply it to the highlighted areas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!.. Thanks in advance

2. pahe

pahe

GUI.Color should be your friend I guess, but it's broken in 5.3.x.

3. Raptcha911

Raptcha911

GUI.Color, GUI.ContentColor, GUI.backgroundColor doesnt work.. It only changes the color of thing like the enum dropdown box in the image.. And I'm using Unity 5.2.1p3..

4. pahe

pahe

Tried GUI.contentColor ? I'm pretty sure I achieved something like you want, but I've got to check my code at home later then.

5. Raptcha911

Raptcha911

Yup I tried all three.. GUI.Color, GUI.ContentColor, GUI.backgroundColor.. none of them change the text color.. Changing those three colors to Color.yellow will give the below result..

I want the text on the left to change color, not the content on the right.. I hope you got what I'm trying to achieve..

6. DanielDickinson

DanielDickinson

The only solution I could come up with was to split the field into a label and a field.
    Some sample code -

Code (csharp):
    2. EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal();
    3. EditorGUILayout.LabelField(new GUIContent("Layer " + (i + 1)), SettingsLabel, GUILayout.Width(100));
    4. string layerName = EditorGUILayout.TextField(new GUIContent(""), Settings.layerNames[i], GUILayout.Width(Area.width - 100 - 20));
    5. EditorGUILayout.EndHorizontal();
    I'm using the label with a custom style to change the font on the left, while using my field as usual, but without GUIContent. Then adjusting the width of each to fit.

Hope this helps
    Dan