Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Champion Select problem in standalone.exe

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by smrtrbbt, Jan 25, 2019.

1. smrtrbbt

smrtrbbt

So hi, i am making a multplayer game that contains a "champion select" scene, where you choose the prefab that will be loaded as your player in the game scene.

The scene works perfectly when i host it as the editor and connect as a client from the executable. But when i host it from the standalone it bugs and aparently dont enable the gameobjects with network identity.

I am relatively new to unity so it can be a pretty basic problem but i have been trying to fix it by 2 days now and i am stuck. Are there any diferences between the editor player and the standalone that may explain it? Any response would be apreciated

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If something with Unet works in the editor but not in standalone, my first suspicion is the different method call ordering between the two that for some reason Unet does. There's some older threads on this issue you can hunt down.

3. smrtrbbt

smrtrbbt

First of all thanks for the reply, but after some searching i havent been able to find any of those threads, all i found was about monobehaviour call ordering or spawn order in UNEt, but nothing especifically about diferences between UNEt in the editor and in the standalone. I would really appreciate if someone could link those threads here or, if there are no such threads, help with the problem above.